Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is a good toy for a one year old???

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:14 PM
  • 44 Replies

What is everyone getting for there little ones for Christmas?  I have a one year old daughter and I just don't know what to get her.  She loves taking a bath, so we got her that Swim To Me Puppy.  He is awesome.  But I want to get her something else and I am just stumped.  She loves boxes, I was contemplating wrapping a bunch of different size boxes she could play in. LOL Well anyway, what does everyone think is a good toy for a one year old???  Thanks and I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PurpleNurples
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:17 PM

Through the times, this toy has always been a favorite with my kids.

flying bunny

jpace82
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:17 PM

When my son was 1 we got him a play tunnel, that he could crawl through.  Even though he was a new walker he spent much of his time exploring that tunnel. Best gift  he's ever gotten!  He's almost 4yrs old now, and still talks about how much he loved that tunnel. 

JAX_Mami
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:19 PM

oh god the corn popper drives me nuts~lol. play kitchen, ride=on toy...those were hits with my dd when she was 1.

Quoting PurpleNurples:

Through the times, this toy has always been a favorite with my kids.

gosteelers
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:21 PM

we got our dd a fisher price kitchen last year... she still loves to play with it... it is small enough so she could sit and play with it crawl though it...she loves it...

kaykaylove
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:24 PM

Any of the Fisher Price Laugh and Learn sets.. My dd had the House, the phone, pig, the table, etc..Now they have come out with the kitchen and much more........They are all big goes..

gosteelers
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:28 PM

yepper exactly what I am talking about... she loves loves it we have a chair as well...LOL

Quoting kaykaylove:

Any of the Fisher Price Laugh and Learn sets.. My dd had the House, the phone, pig, the table, etc..Now they have come out with the kitchen and much more........They are all big goes..

sweetbabylogan
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:33 PM

i don't know who decides the ages for toys- but a lot of the toys logan got for his 1st birthday and christmas didn't even get touched until just recently. he just turned 2 yrs old month. he did however love that ball popper thing you push- it was the first reply. and his pooh push/ride on train.

moorhead2
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:34 PM

I got my son a pop up toy, a toy vacuum, a truck, teethers, and jammies!! He is going to flip!1 I am soooooooooo excited

kaykaylove
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:50 PM

Yep so did we the chair with the attached table and lil lamp.. The ouse was my DD fav.. she is now 4 but I think I had al the songs memorized...lol

Quoting gosteelers:

yepper exactly what I am talking about... she loves loves it we have a chair as well...LOL

Quoting kaykaylove:

Deb194
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:52 PM

Clothes,learning toys,books you can read to her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)