Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rice Cereal at 2 months 1 week?

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:20 PM
  • 174 Replies

Poll

Question: When did you start your baby on cereal?

Options:

Before 1 month

1-2 months

2-4 months

4-6 months

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 314

View Results

My son is 2 months and 1 week old and breastfed. I feel like I am constantly nursing!! I started my oldest son on cereal at 3 months but I'm thinking about staring my youngest now. At what age did you start feeding your babies cereal?

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
n_snyder
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:24 PM

bump

j_c_c_s_l
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:24 PM

bump

jenniamigo
by Platinum Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:27 PM

He could possibly be going through a growth spurt. Please do not give him cereal yet. His body isn't ready for it. According to the AAP babies should not start solids til at least 6 months old. Their gastro-tract isn't fully developed until 6 months and it can cause painful constipation for the baby.

Cereal is just an empty filler. THere is nothing in it that a baby especially this young needs. Your breastmilk has everything your baby needs and if you start cereal especially this far into nursing it can seriously effect your supply.

My son nursed every two hours (after his growth spurts than it was on the hour every hour) Up until just a few days ago and he just turned 5 months today. He jumped from every two hours to every four hours.

austinsmomma10
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:27 PM

I know someone is going to have shit to say. But I gave my son cereal at 6 weeks. He loved it . Bash away call me a terrible mother. Tell me I was hurting him. I raise my children how I want, and I'm not going to tell someone else how to raise their child so I expect the same in return.

LIVING TO DIE, OR DYING TO LIVE?

sweetbabylogan
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:27 PM

i breastfed exclusively for 6 months then i started cereal. my friend started cereal at 2  1/2 months.

momof3111418
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:28 PM

I was doing the same thing. Nursing all the time. I started her at 2 months. It didn't go over very well the first few times, but keep trying!!  It works good, keeps their tummy full, and gives you a rest!!  Just make sure it is pretty diluted, and only a couple teaspoons.

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker
ILoveMyJason
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:28 PM

I figured I'd throw in a reply since I can't vote ... my option isn't there. I started rice cereal the week my son turned 7 months.

Photobucket
jenniamigo
by Platinum Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:29 PM

I plan on introducing cereal at 6 months for my lo. only if i can find a good Organic brand. I was at the store the other day and I was comparing cereals ingrediants and there was nothing but crap in all of them

Quoting jenniamigo:

He could possibly be going through a growth spurt. Please do not give him cereal yet. His body isn't ready for it. According to the AAP babies should not start solids til at least 6 months old. Their gastro-tract isn't fully developed until 6 months and it can cause painful constipation for the baby.

Cereal is just an empty filler. THere is nothing in it that a baby especially this young needs. Your breastmilk has everything your baby needs and if you start cereal especially this far into nursing it can seriously effect your supply.

My son nursed every two hours (after his growth spurts than it was on the hour every hour) Up until just a few days ago and he just turned 5 months today. He jumped from every two hours to every four hours.

momof3111418
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:29 PM

My baby is 7 months now, very healthy, and I have an abundance of breast milk still. Sorry

Quoting jenniamigo:

momof3111418
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:30 PM

My doctor would differ on you with that

Quoting jenniamigo:

I plan on introducing cereal at 6 months for my lo. only if i can find a good Organic brand. I was at the store the other day and I was comparing cereals ingrediants and there was nothing but crap in all of them

Quoting jenniamigo:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)