Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How should I tell him? How did you?

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:58 PM
  • 26 Replies

I just made a poll about night sickness and I got to thinking that besides putting my BFP in DH's stocking, what are some other cute Xmas related ideas to breaking the news? Anyone have any cute stories?

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” ~Mahatma Ghandi

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dylansmommy222
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 12:07 AM

the only thing i can think of is, if you have had an ultrasound already, is to frame an u/s picture and wrap it up for him.

Mama2HannahLynn
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 12:09 AM

I think the stocking is cute. Or maybe a Merry Christmas Daddy card?

I don't have a cute story, my husband brought home a pregnancy test, and I went in the bathroom and took it! ;)

I don't think I could keep it from my husband!! You guys have strength... I would buckle...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

First_One_8_18
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 12:11 AM

that is a cute idea, but I don't have an ultrasound pic yet, hell I don't even have a bfp yet, I'm waiting to test until Xmas morning, so I don't open my big mouth before then, but I've been pregnant enough times to know that I am, besides the obvious missing AF for two weeks, getting sick, crying ALL the time, cramps, charting my cycle and TRYING ( I'm the type to get prego if you look at me wrong), I just know, you know?

anywho- sorry for the rambling, thanks for the idea!!

Quoting dylansmommy222:

the only thing i can think of is, if you have had an ultrasound already, is to frame an u/s picture and wrap it up for him.

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” ~Mahatma Ghandi

First_One_8_18
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 12:13 AM

yea, the last time I told him the 'news' wasn't pleasant. I had an appointment with planned parenthood for a pap since I didn't have insurance and they told me they couldn't provide prenatal care, so yea, he was in the waiting room and we went to the bar so he could have some gin n tonics for liquid courage to call his family. It wasn't planned to say the least : )

HOT-T
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 12:14 AM

NO CUTE STORY BUT YOU COULD WRAP A HUGE BOW AROUND YOUR STOMACH AND TAKE IT FROM THERE.

usmclife58
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2008 at 12:15 AM

I left my BFP beside the remote control where I KNEW he would find it when he got out of the shower. For his parents and my dad, we wrapped a paci in a very small box (like what ring boxes come in) with a string attached to a note saying "the best gifts come in the smallest packages" and for my mother, we played the "rumor game" (where one person says something and it goes in a circle and the final person says out loud what the "rumor" is). My entire family, on her side played, I sat beside her and instead of telling her the rumor, I told her she was going to be a grandmother. She said it out loud and EVERYONE else go it before she did- then she smacked my arm, lol. There were some tears because I was told two weeks prior that I would not be able to conceive without medical intervention. It was great!

Myspace Layouts, Glitters & More!

crysjuls
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 12:17 AM

oh my!  i think i might be preggo too, not for sure yet, though.  and if so, i know it will be his xmas gift!  we have been ttc#2 for 2 years now, so this will really be good news for him!  idk how i will do it though.  maybe frame the positive pregnancy paper the doc gives you or maybe buy some cute lil outfits and wrap them up.  lol  i am so excited, but there is sstill that chance that i might not be.  so please ladies, i need some baby dust!!!

trishwise
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 12:21 AM

I wrapped a bottle of asprin and ear plugs with a note that said "to be used in 8 months".

Jack Hunter ~ 2/12/06 ~ 30 lbs ~ and still rear facing 

First_One_8_18
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 12:21 AM

That's what we just did for the last pregnancy in our family! It was FUN! How did you keep it from your mom? That would be the first person to know! CONGRATS on having your 'miracle baby' that must be SO exciting for you!

Quoting usmclife58:

I left my BFP beside the remote control where I KNEW he would find it when he got out of the shower. For his parents and my dad, we wrapped a paci in a very small box (like what ring boxes come in) with a string attached to a note saying "the best gifts come in the smallest packages" and for my mother, we played the "rumor game" (where one person says something and it goes in a circle and the final person says out loud what the "rumor" is). My entire family, on her side played, I sat beside her and instead of telling her the rumor, I told her she was going to be a grandmother. She said it out loud and EVERYONE else go it before she did- then she smacked my arm, lol. There were some tears because I was told two weeks prior that I would not be able to conceive without medical intervention. It was great!

First_One_8_18
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 12:22 AM

*sending baby dust!* Are you going to find out before Xmas?

Quoting crysjuls:

oh my!  i think i might be preggo too, not for sure yet, though.  and if so, i know it will be his xmas gift!  we have been ttc#2 for 2 years now, so this will really be good news for him!  idk how i will do it though.  maybe frame the positive pregnancy paper the doc gives you or maybe buy some cute lil outfits and wrap them up.  lol  i am so excited, but there is sstill that chance that i might not be.  so please ladies, i need some baby dust!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)