Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Day after Christmas sale...is it worth going?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 7:45 AM
  • 14 Replies

Do any of you go to the Day After Christmas sales? I remember going once when I was a little kid and there were tons of people shopping that day but I don't remember what type of items were on sale. Is it only left over Christmas items that are on sale? Or is it similar to Black Friday?

by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 7:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2four30
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 7:46 AM

I'm not sure but here's a bump for ya..

myrtlebeach
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 7:48 AM

I usually go to Kohls and they have major sales on everything in the store

luvmygirls2240
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 7:53 AM

I like going within the week after Christmas to get wrapping paper and new stuff to decorate with for the next year while it's on major sale.

LuckyWifey
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 7:56 AM

I hit walmart. It's a pain in the ass but to me, it's definitely worth the deals. It's like 75 % off of all of their holiday merchandise (Including all of those neat little gift baskets....alot of their "girls dress up" stuff....it's another great day in the shopping world LOL

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.

ms_mommy_sue
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 7:56 AM

every year for Christmas my dad gives me money. Every year me and the kids go to the After Christmas sale and I spend it on them. They love it, cause they can get something they maybe didnt get from Santa they asked for. And It is fun for me

guam_mama
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 7:59 AM

I don't really want to buy a bunch of christmas stuff honestly, i was interested in doing some general shopping for me and the kids and DH. I got some money from my dad for christmas and i was wondering if i should go shopping now or wait until the day after christmas to see if i can get some good deals. i have a kohls and walmart and toys r us and tj maxx and ross nearby....there is also a mall nearby.

sarahg2285
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 8:01 AM

I don't know, but if it's anything like black friday, I'm scared!  Glad I don't work at Wal-Mart, don't want to get killed by early shoppers!!!  Seriously!

Rhynestonefreak
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 8:03 AM
IMO, if you need Christmas stuff like lights, decorations, its worth going. If not, stay home....

A Jan. baby!!! Parker (6-1-07)

AnasMommy7
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 8:07 AM

OT here...but OMG! I adore your siggy!!! Hello Kitty is my fav!!!!!!!

Quoting luvmygirls2240:

I like going within the week after Christmas to get wrapping paper and new stuff to decorate with for the next year while it's on major sale.

happily engaged Pictures, Images and Photos
Mommy to: Ana-01/11/2002 and Kaila 11/18/2008
Fiance to DR-08/14/2003
wendy173
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 8:09 AM

I take my kids out the day after because, they get money from other family members and if they see something that they would like to buy they can get it. Sometimes it can be a pain but they enjoy it so much.. Also thats when we buy the wrapping paper and other items like that for the next year.. Another thing is that our sons b-day is on the 28th so I can get some really good buys also...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN