Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Tiny white bump on lower eyelid, what is it?

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2008 at 10:52 PM
  • 9 Replies

I've seen them before, but my son has one on his lower eyelid and its been there for maybe a couple months. Anyone know what this is?

by on Dec. 20, 2008 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ASAILORSWIFEY
by on Dec. 20, 2008 at 10:53 PM

i have one on my upper eyelid and have No idea what it is ill give you a BUMP.

Tysonsmom111006
by on Dec. 20, 2008 at 10:55 PM

Its a cyst (sp?) I think...a stye, thats what it is. DS had one about a week ago, they have some over the counter meds at walgreens you can get thatll clear it right up.

mamaOkie
by on Dec. 20, 2008 at 10:55 PM

Without seeing a pic it sounds like a sty. I get them on my eye all the time. There is an old wives tale and it does work wonders. Take a real gold ring and rub it on your jeans until it is pretty warm, and then touch it to the sty. It will be gone in the morning. But I don't know if I would do this to a infant. But it works well for me and my 4 yo dd and 10 yo ds.

KaeLainne
by on Dec. 20, 2008 at 10:57 PM

Sty (sp) I get them all the time... NO idea why. I use a warm tea bag a few times a day. Clears up faster..

Photobucket

If interested in Biomedical Treatment of Autism      

Contact me on here or at                

www.myspace.com/kaelainne

MissAndrea125
by on Dec. 20, 2008 at 11:00 PM

I thought a sty was on the inside of the eyelid... this is on his skin and my DH says he used to have them and it is different than a sty (he has had both) My DH said his were there for a while then they just went away. Weird.

And somehow I managed to lose or get rid of all of my gold rings. What about white gold? lol

Quoting mamaOkie:

Without seeing a pic it sounds like a sty. I get them on my eye all the time. There is an old wives tale and it does work wonders. Take a real gold ring and rub it on your jeans until it is pretty warm, and then touch it to the sty. It will be gone in the morning. But I don't know if I would do this to a infant. But it works well for me and my 4 yo dd and 10 yo ds.

mamaOkie
by on Dec. 20, 2008 at 11:04 PM

My hubby and I both have white gold rings so that will work. I get sty's on my lower eyelide like right where you would put eyeliner I also get them on the upper lid right above my eyelashes. You can try it if it is not a sty it won't go away if it is it will and it is a whole lot cheaper than the over the counter medicines for it. Post a pic and maybe I can tell you a little better what it is.

Quoting MissAndrea125:

I thought a sty was on the inside of the eyelid... this is on his skin and my DH says he used to have them and it is different than a sty (he has had both) My DH said his were there for a while then they just went away. Weird.

And somehow I managed to lose or get rid of all of my gold rings. What about white gold? lol

Quoting mamaOkie:

MissAndrea125
by on Dec. 20, 2008 at 11:07 PM

It isn't in his lashline, like I would think a sty would be (A sty is like a sore, kind of... this is more like a tiny white mole, and it is about a half inch away from his lashline) Now that I think about it.... his dad used to get them, and he said they were somehting about a seed, maybe? I don't know how I just remembered that... his dad and I broke up years ago.

Quoting mamaOkie:

My hubby and I both have white gold rings so that will work. I get sty's on my lower eyelide like right where you would put eyeliner I also get them on the upper lid right above my eyelashes. You can try it if it is not a sty it won't go away if it is it will and it is a whole lot cheaper than the over the counter medicines for it. Post a pic and maybe I can tell you a little better what it is.

Quoting MissAndrea125:

Quoting mamaOkie:

mamaOkie
by on Dec. 20, 2008 at 11:15 PM

That is odd, something about a seed???? I don't know. My sty's usually have like a pimple white head on them. And they are sooooooo sore. I feel almost immediate relief when I use the method I suggested. I don't think I have ever heard anything about a seed, except maybe in a wart. My son gets seed warts but the seeds are black. Let me know if you get this answered, you have me curious now! LOL

Quoting MissAndrea125:

It isn't in his lashline, like I would think a sty would be (A sty is like a sore, kind of... this is more like a tiny white mole, and it is about a half inch away from his lashline) Now that I think about it.... his dad used to get them, and he said they were somehting about a seed, maybe? I don't know how I just remembered that... his dad and I broke up years ago.

Quoting mamaOkie:

Quoting MissAndrea125:

Quoting mamaOkie:

mitch576
by on Dec. 20, 2008 at 11:20 PM

it's a tiny little white head in the very sensitive and very  different tissue around the eye.

owner of 30andbeyond...jigsaw ribbon...ADMIN of autism, asperger's, pdd awareness

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)