Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I only pee maybe twice a day , is this really bad?

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 9:00 AM
  • 19 Replies

I know this is a lil TMI , but for some reason for the past week I only pee twice a day , if that much. Yesterday I only peed once , but got up in the middle of the night for my second pee lol. I don't have the urge very often so I'm not holding it in. I drink ALOT of liquids , coke , water , juice , milk , but I just don't hafta pee a lot. Do you think this is bad or dangerous? It doesn't burn or anything like that but my pee is very dark. Not sure if it's a UTI or what , I've had lots of those & this has never been a symptom... ?

by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gypsy_rose
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2008 at 9:02 AM

Dark means it's concintrated it could be ether dehidration or UTI. Peeing only twice a day is not healthy cut out the sugars and caffine. Do a water purge for a few daws where you drink ONLY water. (when you eat don't eat any sugar)

SoldierS_GirL22
by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 9:02 AM

I'm not sure but I think I heard once when your pee is really dark you're not gettin enough fluids??? or maybe not drinking enough water I think it's one or the other not sure though........... sometimes I pee twice a day too and my pee is dark but I don't really pay it that much attention

bitchitscalledenvy.jpg bitch it's called envy image by jujubabii_2008soldier

soldierhotter.gif My soldier is hotter image by kaylabob_2008

Robbin74
by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 9:04 AM

I'm just thinking if you drink enough it won't be dark. Stop everything else and just drink water to see if that helps. I hate water , but that's the first and last thing I do before bed is drink a full glass of it.

HuntersMomee
by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 9:08 AM

if you dont like drinking a lot of water try drinking tea.... my doctor told me it is just as hydrating as water is. but your pee shouldnt be dark, it means you arent getting enough fluids.

lol im preggers so im peeing like 3 times evry couple hours... i feel like i live in the bathroom!!

Groovymomof3
by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 9:09 AM

drink more water :)  increasing your water intake will improve your dark urine.

dandylynes
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2008 at 9:12 AM

All the above posters are correct, drink more water.  Caffeine can dehydrate you.

Go Navy!
mom22tumblebugs
by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 9:44 AM

You are a camel (just like my husband calls me).

Marci81
by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 9:47 AM
If you are drinking a ton of fluids and still not urinating often maybe you are retaining water for some reason and should get checked out by a doctor.
mandafacejones
by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 9:48 AM

Drink only water for a few days. (a cup of coffee or a glass of tea, but make it mostly water and cut out the sodas)

pncthomas
by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 9:51 AM

Not peeing can lead to other MAJOR issues!  TRUST ME!  I had the same issue.  I was dehyrated but did not feel it.  Are you tired too?  Sometimes, I am too busy to pee and I have a fistula so my systems act up (and they are embarassing, so I try to remember).  I think you need to drink more.  I am not much of a water drinker so I now drank flavored coffee.  It makes me pee and does not let me forget to go!  LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN