Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

t-mobile unlcok codes

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 1:54 PM
  • 12 Replies

i have a sidekick and was wondering if anyone knew how to unlock it so it will work withh att&t. we canceled service with t-mobile but i looove the phone

by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abesmommy522
by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 1:55 PM

bump

abesmommy522
by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 1:57 PM

bump

oveiliasmom
by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 1:59 PM
www.fastunlocker.sm4.biz go there and see if he has the code it will cost you like 12 dollars but thats the cheapest we found for my hubbys phone.
Emily1985
by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 2:00 PM

Someone gave my cousin a phone that had been activated with at&t, and she has service with t-mobile..  she called att and they gave her the unlock code... worth a try

abesmommy522
by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 2:02 PM

did it work though

Quoting oveiliasmom:

www.fastunlocker.sm4.biz go there and see if he has the code it will cost you like 12 dollars but thats the cheapest we found for my hubbys phone.

abesmommy522
by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 2:03 PM

says site cannot be found

Quoting oveiliasmom:

MESMommy
by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 2:04 PM

i know with verizon (if its a 4 digit code) its the last 4 digits of your SS#...but I am not sure what youre talking about... but thats just  a though...

adensmommie119
by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 2:07 PM

you tube has videos on it

greenie63
by Nancy on Dec. 26, 2008 at 2:41 PM

I worked for a cell phone compnay and unless the device (your sidekick) was purchased with the provider(currently at&t) it's not going to work on at&t. Each provider contracts with the manufactures specific devices to work with their service. I looked on at&t's site for you and this is exactlly what i said prior

I purchased a phone overseas or via a non-AT&T wireless services website/store. How do I get technical support for my device?
AT&T sells a variety of wireless equipment ranging from phones and PDAs to laptop Aircards and modems. AT&T only supports devices which it has sold at one point or have been certified for use on the AT&T wireless network. Devices which have never been sold by AT&T and/or have not been certified will not be supported in any fashion.

In other words, your sidekick is useless now. If you know anyone with tmobile you might want to sell it to them or advertise it somwhere, but they can only use it on tmobile. sorry momma.

GreifsWife
by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 3:59 PM

That is not correct.

I have been searching Craigslist relentlessly for a Blackberry.

I ended up finding one that was a T-Mobile to begin with, but the lady who had it took it to T-Mobile and had it unlocked, so it would work with ATT or Cingular, because they still use sim cards. Verizon and Sprint do not, so you could not get a T-Mobile phone to work for them.

The phone can be used for ATT, call T-Mobile and tell them you want to get the phone unlocked.

Quoting greenie63:

I worked for a cell phone compnay and unless the device (your sidekick) was purchased with the provider(currently at&t) it's not going to work on at&t. Each provider contracts with the manufactures specific devices to work with their service. I looked on at&t's site for you and this is exactlly what i said prior

I purchased a phone overseas or via a non-AT&T wireless services website/store. How do I get technical support for my device?
AT&T sells a variety of wireless equipment ranging from phones and PDAs to laptop Aircards and modems. AT&T only supports devices which it has sold at one point or have been certified for use on the AT&T wireless network. Devices which have never been sold by AT&T and/or have not been certified will not be supported in any fashion.

In other words, your sidekick is useless now. If you know anyone with tmobile you might want to sell it to them or advertise it somwhere, but they can only use it on tmobile. sorry momma.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)