Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

night terrors and 9 month olds??

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2008 at 10:51 PM
  • 9 Replies

so my 9 month old apart from not wanting to go to sleep, sometimes wakes up in the middle of the night SCREAMING he dosnt want anything and when i pic him up he clings to me for dear life!!! i cant set him down for a second. he acts scared, he dosnt want anyone but his mommy and wont fall asleep unless i hold him really close to me  and even then he wakes up with a start grabs on to me afters hes fallen asleep as to make sure i wont go anywhere...

so my question is " CAN 9 MONTH OLDS HAVE NIGHT TERRORS??"

someone said they can and if they do what can you do??? it breaks my heart when my lil man gets like this!!!! please respond momas i need help!!! my lil man has such dark circles under his eyes!!!

by on Dec. 28, 2008 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ladybuglove08
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2008 at 10:53 PM

That seems a little young, but I'm not sure.  Do you use a nightlight?

PurpleNurples
by on Dec. 28, 2008 at 10:55 PM

Yep!  My nephew did when he was that age.  His pediatrician suggested benadryl. 

flying bunny

LizaJayne
by on Dec. 28, 2008 at 10:55 PM

My DD has them, i asked her doc if that is what they were at her last check up... 6 months, she said they were night terrors

Anawan
by on Dec. 28, 2008 at 10:56 PM

YESSSSSS!!!!!  This is the exact thing that happened with my daugher at just that age.  Do you have a nightlight?  This helped immensley!

liamsmom31908
by on Dec. 28, 2008 at 10:57 PM

really what did she suggest? and to the other poster yes we have a night light in his room it changes colors and then we leave his door open with teh br light on

Quoting LizaJayne:

My DD has them, i asked her doc if that is what they were at her last check up... 6 months, she said they were night terrors

countryfiedmama

My DS had night terrors from 4 months of age, so yes, unfortunately it is possible. I took him to his ped because I didn't know what was going on. There are things you can try, like a dim nightlight in his room, soft music or nature sounds playing very quietly in his room is another suggestion. Branden is 5 now, and he hasn't had one in several months, but his were so bad that he would have them multiple times a week. it was very scary, hugs to you mama.

llmom1921

My son started having night terrors at 6 months old, and they lasted until he was 3.  My doctor said there was nothing I could really do but hold him, reassure him he is safe, and calm him down.....  (He wasn't much help.  lol!)

Blinkie MakerBlinkie Maker
Blinkie MakerBlinkie Maker

soccer-3.gif

littlemama810
by on Dec. 28, 2008 at 10:58 PM

My brother has night terrors. I heard your not suppose to sleep in complete darkness if you have them.

Glitter Text Graphics - http://www.sparklee.com
MixedCooke
by on Dec. 29, 2008 at 3:34 AM

I wouldnt go to the extreme of saying NIGHT TERRORS but 9 months is the peak time for separation anxiety, which is a phase that they will grow out of. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN