Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

elective c-section on medicaid..

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2008 at 12:01 AM
  • 39 Replies

Will medicaid pay for it if it is not a medical necessity?

I havent talked to my doctor yet...but I know that I want a c-section. I had a emergency c-section with my daughter...and I am not more than a little freaked out and stressed about the idea of having to go through labor and then the same thing happening to me. I know what to expect with a c-section. I will be way too stressed if I have to have the baby the natural way.....

by on Dec. 31, 2008 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ms-vero
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2008 at 12:02 AM

bump

julionna_lion
by on Dec. 31, 2008 at 12:03 AM

thanks

Quoting ms-vero:

bump

mom2-2

I had medicaid when i was pregnant with my 2nd born, I had an elective c section and they covered it. My doc thought it was better considering the circumstances of my first c section.

mom2-2

I was in Ky. If that helps.

mrskc

oh girl idk but ill bump and ill be watching this post- im on medicaid to and not sure but possibly want a c sec

KittyD
by on Dec. 31, 2008 at 12:04 AM

i think they will cover whatever the doc says is necessary.

KittyD ~ Stop By My Page & Sign my Guest Book!

shebearncub
by on Dec. 31, 2008 at 12:05 AM

I don't see why not because its safer for you and the baby after a C-section to have another right? I also had an Emergency C-section. My doc said if I got pregnant again they would do another. I was on the medical card at the time and still are......but not preggo....lol.

I was in KY as well when I had mine

Sean_mommy4life
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2008 at 12:06 AM
yes they will i just had my second in aug and choose to have csection everything was covered
geistans
by on Dec. 31, 2008 at 12:06 AM

I will having a elective c-section with this prego and I am on medicaid. The reason is because I had to have emer. c-section last prego. And also I want my tubes tied.

Saffyre
by on Dec. 31, 2008 at 12:06 AM

I THINK they'll cover it if you've had a previous c-section. Not positive though. You should call your caseworker and ask - don't know if your doctor would know the answer to that one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)