Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need help with how much to give her!

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:00 AM
  • 6 Replies

As of right now my daughter doesn't have insurance. she has had a lot of diarea the last few days.......which she threw up twice last sunday and has had diarrea in her diaper ever since no solid poop......she is 14 months old........ i bought some pedialyte but i want to know how much to give her? if any of you consulted a doctor how much did they tell you to give your one year old and how often.....thank you

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Reagan06
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:02 AM

I would give her 8 oz.

my2kids0506
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:03 AM

It should tell you on the back of the bottle how much there really is not an age to start giving it to them But if you are concerned call and ask a pharmicist they will let you know.

strawgirl
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:05 AM

I would start with this too

Quoting Reagan06:

I would give her 8 oz.

KaeLainne
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:08 AM

FROM PEDIALYTE.COM

Pedialyte can help

Pedialyte helps get kids back to normal fast, because it provides a precise balance of electrolytes, carbohydrates and water to help replace fluid and electrolytes quickly. Pedialyte is widely available in food, drug and discount stores. Be sure to keep some on hand.

How much is enough?

Click here for a handy guide with the recommended amounts to prevent dehydration. Hint: Keep a copy in your medicine chest or kitchen cabinet as a convenient reminder.
Offer your child small sips of Pedialyte® frequently.
Your child's total daily intake should be adjusted to meet his or her individual needs, based on thirst and response. The following suggested intakes for maintenance are based on water requirements for ordinary energy expenditure.*
Close Chart
Age Approximate Weight
(lbs)1
Recommended
Intake (fl oz/day)2
2 weeks 9 lb 16-20
3 months 14 lb 30-34
6 months 18 lb 36-42
9 months 21 lb 39-45
1 year 23 lb 42-47
1 1/2 years 26 lb 47-52
2 years 28 lb 48-53
2 1/2 years 30 lb 51-56
3 years 32 lb 53-57
3 1/2 years 34 lb 54-57
4 years 36 lb 55-59

Photobucket

If interested in Biomedical Treatment of Autism      

Contact me on here or at                

www.myspace.com/kaelainne

Brownniee
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:09 AM

My daughter is 1 also, and she's been sick this week.  She has a cold with runny nose, coughing, diarrhea but she's better now.  I gave her some pedialyte in a cup and make sure that's she's drinking a lot of liquids to replace what she's loosing.  Try a drink called Splash, it's water with fruit juice mixed with it.  It has a good taste she will like it.  Otherwise if it gets any worse to the hospital insurance or not.

xoheaven777
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:27 AM

do i mix it???? with another drink? how often do i give her 8oz?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)