Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ever just feel ANGRY?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:03 AM
  • 10 Replies

Do you ever just feel angry?  Well I used to from time to time but now I feel like a raging bitch 24/7.  I skipped my period for 2 months and just had it... plus my stepkiddos biomom has called the cops complaining about my 2 yr old son abusing her 7 year old son (yeah right).   My mom died almost 2 years ago and I just hate life now.   I have tried reading the bible and praying.. nothing seems to be working.  I don't want to miss out on anything else with my son because I am so damn angry.  HELP!

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aimee14
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:05 AM

Nothing wrong with being on antidepressant to help you thru times like this.

Mom2HopenFaith
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:07 AM

wow! Did I write this?

I lost my Mom 2 years ago and every since its been a roller coaster of emotions. I'm either angry or sad. I thought it was just grief but the more time that goes by, I think its depression. I'm gonna see a doctor this year!

Maybe you should too?

Rubia653
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:09 AM

You said your mom died two years ago and you also have a two year old son? So you gave birth around the same time your mom dies? That must be really hard. I would really suggest you seek professional help, you may have some sort of post partum depression as that can more easily happen as you are experiencing other traumatic times in the post partum period. My brother's fiance lost a close friend beofre her son was born and kinda spiraled out of control, she ended up not being a great mother or wife and lost her marriage and custody of her child (she has visitation now). If you are really struggling you may only need some meds or to talk to a professional for a short while, it doesn;t always have to continue for years. I hope you can find a way to get the help and calmness you need. Being a mother is the greatest gift anyone can recieve and to lose that joy becuase of mental illness is not worth it. Best of luck to you, Hugs*

MandiBurns
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:10 AM

I set up an appointment with my "regular doctor" .. who I have NEVER SEEN.  It took 5 weeks to get in and they called and left me a message CANCELLING.  I should call back again.  I need to get antidepressants (extra strength lol) and I need my "yearly exam" that I haven't had in 2 years.  I need to start taking care of myself.. which is hard when you just don't CARE. 

cheesy20
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:11 AM

I know just how you feel. My problems stem from my workplace, but i feel as though my angermanagent is getting shorter and shorter. Like I want to just rip into any and everybody. Depression is in my family so Im scared that that is whats causing it, but I dont know. Have you went to the Drs to talk about it? My mom is exactly the way you describe yourself and has been like that for as long as I can remember. She is on anti depressants to control it, but if she goes any length of time without it she is a real BITCH. She doesnt care what anybody thinks or what she says to anybody. I would definitely go see the Dr. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

texasmom1982
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:14 AM

I feel angry all the time.  Of course, I am raising another woman's two little boys who are 3 and 4 because she decided to walk out and leave them.  I also have a 1 year old daughter.  I have no job.  I gave up a good job to take care of the boys.  I am in love with a man who gets on my nerves.  My MIL calls CPS at least twice a month on us for abusing the boys(never true).  My mom died 20 years ago and I miss her more than ever now that i have kids of my own.  The only thing I have found that helps is writing my feelings down in a journal or just whenever there is something on my mind.  I also try to talk to someone who will listen.  Try to find a doctor or a therapist.  It sound slike you might need some meds to control what you are going through.  Just keep your head up momma!hugs

MandiBurns
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:16 AM

Well he will be 3 in may.  She passed away on mothers day of 2007, so that was like a year and a half ago.  She passed away just before his 1st birthday.  Also.. just a couple of months before that his Dad (who left me while I was pregnant.... we got back together when I had him)well he left me again just a few months before my mom died.  So.. it's been a lot.  Also.. I got married this May to a wonderful man, but the three kiddos is a lot to deal with when I need to deal with my issues.  Things used to be great with his kiddos but our relationship has been strained since their biomom has increased her harassment efforts.  I do not blame them for what she does, but they don't need to lie to her and give her ammunition to harass us with (ie, make up lies about my 2.5 year old son headbutting / tackeling them).  Sorry for my poor grammar and spelling. THnaks for listening... I just felt like I needed to get this out tonight.

TrezsMom
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:16 AM

I'm 25 weeks pregnant and I get extremely sensitive and emotional. With my first pregnancy, I did get angry from time to time but not raging just very snappy and moody.Lucky Scott!! Lol.

Well, it sounds like you have things in your life you feel that you can't really control and its frustrating. Who can you talk to about all this that you trust? And what do you think is going on with the irregular periods? Maybe some hormonal issue is happening.

Rubia653
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:27 AM

Quoting MandiBurns:

Well he will be 3 in may.  She passed away on mothers day of 2007, so that was like a year and a half ago.  She passed away just before his 1st birthday.  Also.. just a couple of months before that his Dad (who left me while I was pregnant.... we got back together when I had him)well he left me again just a few months before my mom died.  So.. it's been a lot.  Also.. I got married this May to a wonderful man, but the three kiddos is a lot to deal with when I need to deal with my issues.  Things used to be great with his kiddos but our relationship has been strained since their biomom has increased her harassment efforts.  I do not blame them for what she does, but they don't need to lie to her and give her ammunition to harass us with (ie, make up lies about my 2.5 year old son headbutting / tackeling them).  Sorry for my poor grammar and spelling. THnaks for listening... I just felt like I needed to get this out tonight.

Sometimes life just seems to dish out a little more than we think we can take. I am glad that you were able to patch things up with your baby's father and I hope that biomom decides to lay off soon.Maybe you should consider finiding a doctor who is more available? I really think it would be beneficial to you. I have been through a lot in my lifetime as well and have seen a therapist in the past, at the very least it is someone to vent to, but of course you can always come talk to us here on cafemom too. So sorry to hear about your mom and what an awful day to have lost her! At least she got to meet your baby before she left you though, and for sure she is looking over you both. Take care and stay strong. If you ever need to talk, message me, I will listen.

K8himon
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:43 AM

i get pissed in an instant.....i was put on 20mg of zoloft once a day....and my lifes never been better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)