Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else notice....

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:10 AM
  • 9 Replies

Has anyone else noticed that girls are starting to dress provavative at younger ages?? We were at the mall and a group of girls who couldn't have been older than 11 walked by wearing skirts so short you could see their panties, and low rise jeans with their thongs sticking out. They were acting like they were in heat!!! Well I myself didn't even think about sex or sexual activities until I was much older. My husband who works as a nurse gets girls who are only 13 and pregnant!! Im sorry I just think that is wrong.

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
StariNelson
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:13 AM

I totally agree. I may be old fashioned, but, there is no way I or my husband would allow  a daughter of ours to dress that  way. My  19  yr old  doens't and never has !  She  doesn't approve  of it , herself   lol

JenE1098
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:14 AM

it's sickening what some girls wear these days!  i wasn't even thinking of sex at such an early age.  i remember my parents, mainly my dad, would make me raise my hands straight up in the air and if my tummy was showing, i wasn't allowed to wear that shirt.  he would take it away.  i always sadi, but i don't walk around w/my arms in the air.  he didn't care.  i got a shirt from my cousin, "if it weren't for boys, i'd quit school".  i wore it a few times, then suddenly, it was gone.  can't imagine what happened to it?  i understand his reasoning now.

Wishing you a prosperous, healthy and blessed 2009!
~Jennifer
                                   happy new year 2009

amylou_2007
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:16 AM

I agree w/ u. I dont think its right for these girls to be dressing like that at any age. I know i wasnt allowed to even come close to some of the things that they were wearing when i was a teenager and im 24. I think that one of the reasons y they r dressing like that and basically doing whatever they want is b/c the parents let them do and wear whatever they want. jmo. i know my daughter will not be wearing nething like that under my roof. when she moves out i would like for her to dress appropriately and respect herself and her body.

expecting baby  teddygirl.gif I love my baby girl image by mistress_800

our little angel Alexandria Kay but we call her Ali 

Nicole88
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:18 AM

Psh, I am so killing my daughters if they dress slutty! It's so scary with the way these young girls are these days! I'm thinking about locking them in their closets until their...oh say...30 =D

trist22
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:18 AM

This trend didn't just start last week... Look at who their role models ( and what they are wearing) are...( singers, teen celebs, etc.) compared to some of our role models when we were being raised.

amylou_2007
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:19 AM

now i dont feel left out lol thats the way that my dad was too. i wasnt even allowed to wear a bakinni or even one that looked like a tank top and shorts. but im kinda glad that he was so strict b/c who knows were or what i would be wearing now if he wasnt so protective of me. when ur young u dont realize it but when ur an adult it all makes sense.

Quoting JenE1098:

it's sickening what some girls wear these days!  i wasn't even thinking of sex at such an early age.  i remember my parents, mainly my dad, would make me raise my hands straight up in the air and if my tummy was showing, i wasn't allowed to wear that shirt.  he would take it away.  i always sadi, but i don't walk around w/my arms in the air.  he didn't care.  i got a shirt from my cousin, "if it weren't for boys, i'd quit school".  i wore it a few times, then suddenly, it was gone.  can't imagine what happened to it?  i understand his reasoning now.

expecting baby  teddygirl.gif I love my baby girl image by mistress_800

our little angel Alexandria Kay but we call her Ali 

ElijahsMommy58
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:21 AM

Yes, and at first I thought, Oh thank God I dont have a daughter! Then I thought, Oh crap, thats just more for my son to look at!

Good grief girls, put some clothes on!!!

AzaleaCheerMom
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:22 AM

My oldest is 11. We were in a Tommy Hilfiger outlet store a couple days ago and she got fuming mad because almost all the shirts were too low cut at the neck and the pants were crack hangers. Totally opposite and just the way I want her!

resamerie
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:24 AM

Quoting trist22:

This trend didn't just start last week... Look at who their role models ( and what they are wearing) are...( singers, teen celebs, etc.) compared to some of our role models when we were being raised.

Agreed. Or the Bratz toys that some parents swear have no influence on their children wanting to dress that way. My 6 y.o. loves Hannah Montana. She's already made one oopsie, (Miley Cyrus, not my DD  LOL). I'm just monitoring to make sure she's not the next Britney Spears. My DD actually just likes Hannah's music though, not so much her show.

Click for info

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)