Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHY do we do that???

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:38 AM
  • 8 Replies

Why do we ask a question or show a picture wanting opinions and feedback and then be  upset when don't like the answer we get??? 

If I show my ugly gray roots and bald cat with one ear to a "friend", wanting her  to tell me how great I look,  I shouldn't get too upset when she tells me my cat is ugly and I am even worse...  ... 

AND why do we lie and tell our "friend" that her gray hair and ugly cat are Darling, Wonderful and down right Beautiful?  

Why lie when we can be truthful?

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Ms.Dean
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:39 AM

When it comes down to it most people don't like the truth. I am very honest so I have offende a few friends on some occasion but they get over it.

Jaismomma
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:41 AM

This is why I keep my mouth shut, I do know what you are refering too. popcorn

chelseaa
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:41 AM

OMG!! You just gave me my first LOL moment of 2009!! Why do we do that? I have no idea!!! But, we do. We are just fishing for compliments, I guess.  It is a bad habit that we should try to break in the new year.

-Chelsea

3timesoccermom
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:42 AM

I haven't even been here 2 months yet and I've wondered that several times.  Also wonder why someone has to be incredibly nasty in a reply for no reason.  Maybe some of it depends on the "clientele" of each particular group.

Robyn218
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:43 AM

I know I have offended many "friends" here and there...  I feel if you don't want the truth. don't ask.

AND I feel very strongly that every home in America should have at least one mirror.  AND we should all use it at least once a day...

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:44 AM

gee, what ever can you be referring to????? There are ways to say things politely. People don't have to be so rude, when they are telling the truth. Instead of that's an ugly outfit. Maybe something like  maybe if you got a differnt shirt, and added a sweater it would look better.

TatuMama07
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:44 AM

I don't know but i think from now on when i post something if i dont' want to hear the bad stuff i'll just post it and say "EVeryone who loves this tell me why"...or maybe "ONLY IF YOUR OPINION IS THE SAME AS MINE"  hahaha

But i agree that we do that...bc we try not to hurt people's feelings :)

TrezsMom
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:09 AM

I try to do this. Instead of saying things in a way that will hurt their feelings, I will try to suggest other things or point out the positives along with things that could be changes. But, yeah, sometimes people will get hurt, either way. Don't know. Guess people want to hear good things sometimes.

Quoting misssy2000:

gee, what ever can you be referring to????? There are ways to say things politely. People don't have to be so rude, when they are telling the truth. Instead of that's an ugly outfit. Maybe something like  maybe if you got a differnt shirt, and added a sweater it would look better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)