Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cruises

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:24 AM
  • 31 Replies

i have a quick question. me and dh are planning on going a cruise for our anniversary in feb. when the boat is at a location, do u have to pay to get off the boat and go exploring on ur own? or is it just the excursions where u have to pay?

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jodyann2
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:26 AM

no clue but here's a bump and have fun!!!

ForeverMeme
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:26 AM

No you don't have to pay to get off the ship. You will LOVE your cruise, I went on one to Hawaii and it was super! Actually was a 15 day cruise, and soooooooo much to do on the cruise ship!

Meme

Robyn218
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:27 AM

It depends on the cruise line and the cruise you book..  I have been on cruises where I pay nothing to go on an excursion and some where I have to pay a  fee for certain things... 

Call the cruise line or your travel agent and find out exactly what you have to pay for over the cost of the cruise...  And be careful with your little credit card thing...  you can rack up a huge bill,

candie241983

I think you have to pay a port charge....

Dance13

just the excursions. my hubby and i went on a cruise for our honeymoon it was nice. but yeah all you have to pay for off the ship is the excursions exploring yourself is free. Do you know where your going yet?

Saffyre

I went on a Carnival cruise to the Bahamas a few years ago. We didn't have to pay to get on and off the boat when it docked. I think it's just the guided tours and whatnot that cost extra. Just make sure you get back to the ship before it leaves. Where are you going?

ForeverMeme
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:28 AM

Where are you going on your cruise?

Meme

AzaleaCheerMom
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:31 AM

All depends on the cruise. But one important piece of info...if you do leave the ship...be back BEFORE it is scheduled to leave again. It will NOT wait for you and at your expense you will have to find your own way to the next stop or home even.

ForeverMeme
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:35 AM

Another thing to keep in mind, you will get a bill at the end of the cruise before you leave the ship. You will be charged a daily tip for the person who cleans your room, and for every drink you have and the drinks are expensive! Like 3.00 for a beer, 4.00 for a mixed drink, they add up fast!!!!!!!!!

Meme

sxylilmom
by Supergirl on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:38 AM

the cruise goes to mexico and jamacai

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)