Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

God why do people always say "Happy New Years" ?!

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:26 AM
  • 44 Replies

Am  I the only one that hates it ? All day today while running errands people would pass me and say "Happy New Years" and of course in order to be nice you have to say it back..Im so sick of it. Honestly New Years doesnt mean anything to me..It's just another crappy year like 2008 ,2007,2006 etc. It really irked me having to respond back to people..Next year if I were to say NOTHING back would that be considered rude?I just dont get the hoopla I seriously dont...the whole Happy new years fiestas...Im like whatever today is just the same as yesterday...BTW I couldnt stand saying "marry christmas" or "happy holidays to you too" eithier...It was like such a waste of words having to repeat things I didnt feel but felt obligated to...I believe in Jesus and all that but Christmas hasnt been good since I was a kid..seriously Holidays are just another day for me. I dont even get a "happy birthday" on my birthday..It's just another boring un meaningful day to add to my existance. I enjoy watching my kids tear open thier presents and being all excited but other than that ..it's like who cares...stop telling me happy holidays and happy new years... just shut up damn..If someone tells me happy new years tommorow Im just gonna say mmhmm whatever

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brookelynnnn
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:28 AM

for me, it isnt realy a big deal, dont like it but i deal. this year i said abs. nothing back when people said it to me. but everyone around here knows how i am so they werent offended at all. next yr dont say it and see what they do.

TessMomof7
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:30 AM

They are happy and excited at the possibility of a new year and better life.  People seem to have hope this time of the year.  Ignore them if you like and move on with your day.

BTW Happy New Year

Ducks and runs.lol

dusky_rose
by Sue on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:32 AM

Just say "Bah Humbug" then. Thats what my hubby says when he's not in a Holiday mood.

BacardiMama
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:32 AM

So because it's January 1st everyone feels hopeful and excited...why not feel that any other day..Maybe Im just a grouch..Maybe my life just sucks..eithier way...I hate having to say Happy holidays etc.

Quoting TessMomof7:

They are happy and excited at the possibility of a new year and better life.  People seem to have hope this time of the year.  Ignore them if you like and move on with your day.

BTW Happy New Year

Ducks and runs.lol

momoftwins96

Boy you are cranky..people are just trying to be pleasent it is better than them saying kiss my A**

Tams_jade

I work at a grocery store so it part of my job to say it, but you know if you came through my line and didn't say it back I wouldn't give a shit.  You'd be just another custumer that couldn't  take 2 seconds to be polite.

JacobNJuliasMom
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:33 AM

LOL!! Your post cracked me up! But yeah, it's really not a big deal, I agree.

mrsmoore02

I would rather hear "Happy New Year" then "I hope the next year is a really shitty one for you."  If you dont' like it, then just don't respond back.  I dont' think it would be rude.  Now if you gave the finger to everyone who said it...that would be a little rude IMO.

St1nkyBananas

Pull the stick out of your butt and move on.  The world doesn't revolve around you hun.

susans_world

I like hearing Happy New Year. People are wishing me well for the new year. There is nothing wrong with that. I will take anything I can get to make this year better then 2008. :-)

So, on my terms I say to you OP, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

happy new year 2009

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)