Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

May (probably will) offend, but this is so annoying to hear people say!

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:50 AM
  • 54 Replies

Ok first off, to all people who are reproductively challenged, I'm very sorry and do wish you the best of luck in getting pregnant..

But, I can't stand when woman make pregnant woman feel bad for being pregnant! and I'm sorry you are having trouble getting pregnant, but that's not other woman's fault. Or that they don't "deserve" to be pregnant, for whatever reason (too poor, too young, etc)

I had a manager (she only lasted a few months) that was having problems conceiving, and I was 4 months pregnant at the time and only 20 years old and my pregnancy was a surprise, and she treated me like crap (I swear it because of it) and she would say things like "oh it's not fair, everyone around me is pregnant,"and things like that to me that would make me so uncomfortable and annoyed. and of course she was against abortion too because she couldn't have a baby, so everyone else should be forced to. 

Not that most woman are like this at all, but someone ranted something like this to me yesterday and it really bugged me! No one has the right to make someone else feel bad about being pregnant. I'm not even pregnant anymore, but I couldn't believe this person said this to me!

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SunnyJoJo
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:52 AM

Ya, I had an inlaw tell me she didn't understand why people like me got to be pregnant and she didn't... To which I responded, because I don't make statements like that.   I actually feel bad for those women because it must be horrible to feel that bad that you hurt the people you love.

ElijahsMommy58
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:53 AM

I know what you mean. My cousin has been trying to get pregnant and she was, but she miscarried. She would be such an awesome mom. She already is to her step daughter but she wants one of her own. So it kind of made me feel guilty, that at 18, completely unexpected I get pregnant and have a healthy baby, but she cant. I hope that one day she finally does get her happy healthy baby. *& just let me add, she didnt make me feel bad. I just did myself. I love her so much!

Roya-LPain
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:53 AM

hmmm....

well I am TTC for 21 mo and the only person that buggs me thats pregnant is my SIL. Shes 21 and on baby no. 2 and living with my MIL... Id like to smack her when she says stupid stuff in front of me when she knows we have been trying for almost two years... shes an idiot...

ANY WAY im sorry that she said that to you... :(

ttc   baseball   girl on a swing

Azareth & Roya          Lex                 Elena

zacnmariesmom
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:54 AM

I agree w/you! :)

adamjackie
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:55 AM

I agree. I had a friend who was having a hard time getting pregnant and when I told her I was pregnant with my son she said "Sorry I can't be excited for you" I know you are going through a hard time but your also my friend. My other friend that could not have any more children because of medical reasons was excited for me, even though she couldnt have anymore and had planned on having a couple more babies.

gitanomadre
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:57 AM

I  agree with what you are saying  , I have seen insensitivity on both side though  . 

For example one of my neighbors   lost a baby  recently and another   goes around bitchin about how she is going to be saddled with another crumb cruncher . Tha has to  hurt too    

but I do see your point

doublethejoy616
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:58 AM

I would hate it if someone tried to make me feel bad purposefully!

I have very good friends who have been trying to concieve and adopt for quite a while now and they have always been nothing but supportive of me.  I do try to be sensitive though - I don't want to do or say anything that would sting them.  It always amazes me how people who knew their situtation would still say insensitive things in front  of them....

oimel00
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:06 AM

Well I would never try to make someone feel bad about not being able to get pregnant, so that's why I don't get how it's okay for them to make others feel bad for being pregnant.

Quoting doublethejoy616:

I have very good friends who have been trying to concieve and adopt for quite a while now and they have always been nothing but supportive of me.  I do try to be sensitive though - I don't want to do or say anything that would sting them.  It always amazes me how people who knew their situtation would still say insensitive things in front  of them....

doublethejoy616
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:08 AM

I totally agree with you!

Quoting oimel00:

Well I would never try to make someone feel bad about not being able to get pregnant, so that's why I don't get how it's okay for them to make others feel bad for being pregnant.

Quoting doublethejoy616:

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:10 AM

i dont like that either. i am truly sorry they cant conceive but its not the job of others to provide a baby.

bad_santa_drunk.jpg

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)