Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do I... (edit w/ pics)

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:00 AM
  • 17 Replies

Tuesday I got my hair cut. It was supposed to be long layers and long whispy bangs that slant to the side. I left the salon after paying and leaving a $5 tip. Later that nite I showered and steaightened my hair only to discover that it was hacked! The layers are so short, like to the middle of my head and I can't even get my 2" flat iron on my bangs. I didn't notice at the salon cus she styled it weird. So how do I go back and demand she fixes it!?!? I don't want a short style. I have slow growing hair and 3 weddings this summer so far. Help! I look like a nightmare!

I want to add that the point of the cut was to add some long layers and so I could get a trim to make my hair healthy so it would grow. I wanted to grow my hair out but add a little flirtiness at the same time.

This is what I wanted, but with LONG layers (ignore the hair colors)

This is what I have (I want to go brown again, but unsure) I think its a total hack job. I hate it. I've spent 3 days trying to style it. NOTHING

Sorry the pic is blurry so you can really see the layers. But they're really uneven and really short. And the shortest part of the bangs is about 1 1/2 inches.

libracloud2000. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ajanee12
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:01 AM

can u post pictures?

TrezsMom
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:05 AM

With it being too short, there isn't much she can do to fix it without it getting even more short. But by summer, those layers should be grown out to a longer version, even if your hair grows slow and by then, anyway, you should be used to styling it. Layers are easy. If they are short, especially, just need a little mouse or spiking gel, work it through and if they are short they should just do as you work with them. Bangs are the easiest. She may have to show you how to manage your new cut, that's all. Sorry it is shorter than you wanted, that's never fun, but it doesn't sound like a bad style. Just practice on it to get used to it and find ways to style it that look good to you. You could also post a pic for suggestions and ideas.

Mrs.McCoy917
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:08 AM

try taking prenatals again. it made my hair grow so fast. or try looking in the vitanin isle for that stuff mad eto grow your hair and nails out. i know ive seen it at rite aid a while back.

preview image

Mom to Connor & Taylor, February 6Th 2008. SAHM, proud wife to my Airman Ken.

fotofrenzy
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:12 AM
The whole point was to get a few layers and NOT lose the length cus I was growing my hair out. I told her that. As for vitamins, tried tons and they make me sick. I will post pics when I can get to my PC and off my blackberry. And no, its not a good style. Would it be too much to demand extensions to fix her mistake? My SIL suggested it but IDK.

Ms.Dean
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:27 AM

My friend does hair and she told me that at ehr work if someone comes in and complains they have to fix it for free. Call and talk to a manager and see if they can have a different person work on your hair.

fotofrenzy
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:30 AM

It was the owner of the salon that cut my hair!

Quoting Ms.Dean:

My friend does hair and she told me that at ehr work if someone comes in and complains they have to fix it for free. Call and talk to a manager and see if they can have a different person work on your hair.

fotofrenzy
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:34 AM

bump

TrezsMom
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:37 AM

Just saw the pictures. That is really not too short to work with. I had my hair in layers a lot shorter than that. And its cute, you can tell she did it wispy. I think there is a lot you can do. If you were in front of me,I would should you. I wouldn't use straighteners on it, anymore, that can sometimes make hair lay flat. And I would use more product. When its damp, work some spiking gel in it, especially at the crown. Then blow dry out, and spray it that way and work a brush upward and back at the crown, you could tease it a little at the base of the crown and around. Could even tease the ends at the sides to make them more defined and textured looking.  But spray will go a long way in giving it more volume and bringing the layers out. Its cute. Work and play with it. Its really not that short. I think you will really like it when you get used to styling it. I would go back and ask her to show me, if I were you. Have fun with it!

Ms.Dean
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:37 AM

Oh no! Really? I would just go somewhere else then and take the  money as a hti. You knwo I have paid very little at small family places and gotten pretty good cuts.  Ask your friends where they go in your area maybe.

Quoting fotofrenzy:

It was the owner of the salon that cut my hair!

Quoting Ms.Dean:

jothra
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:39 AM

Can you go back and ask them to try and fix it or teach you how to style it? As far as helping with growth, take tums if you can't take the prenatals. Did you take the pic and ask for that cut?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)