Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do??

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:17 AM
  • 9 Replies

Last night was my first night out to the club in ages!! So I figured I would spoil myself  and let someone else do my hair! I went to the salon and asked for an updo.. not formal or anything just something cute and out of my face and "UP" I went in an hour before closing and wasn't sure if they could do it or not but they kind of made an exception for me... so this lady starts doing my hair.. it's curly so she had to straighten it with a flat iron first.. and then she proceeds to curl my hair in ringlets..and I said to her, "I thought you were going to do an updo" She says "I am, just wait and see" So I waited and was watching her halfway pin up just the crown of my hair and then she tells me my hair is done... it looked okay but it was not even what I wanted. By this time it was half an hour after closing so I didn't gripe about it I even gave her a 5 dollar tip because she really was nice and stayed after to help me.. but I was beyond pissed when I went home to get dressed and put my makeup on because my hair was a disaster!! It didn't stay at all, pretty much looked like frizzy ringlets..needless to say I took it all out and I re did my hair myself and it ended up looking alot cuter than what she did..

So now I don't know what to do, my friends say I should call them and bitch and ask for like a free haircut or something.. it really was expensive! It was $40 with the tip.. and for nothing!!! So what would you do if you were me?

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Jenny301
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:19 AM

I would let it go.  It wouldn't be worth the fuss to me.

Trying To Conceive with Butterfly Pictures, Images and Photos

Saffyre
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:20 AM

Eh...not worth it to me. I would just let it go. If you did bitch and they gave you a free cut, they might intentionally screw it up because you "insulted their friend" or some other bullshit like that.

Saffyre
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:22 AM

...you know that Kristine went to beauty school, right?

sagi6666
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:27 AM

I'd just stay out of salons, it's not like they can see what your visualizing in your head...I would just leave it alone and take it as a learning experience...

DevynsMomma
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:27 AM

haha I knew you would post on mine!!

And no, I had no idea!! She wouldn't of had time to do my hair anyway though..

Quoting Saffyre:

DevynsMomma
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:30 AM

LOL most of the time I stay out.. I don't even let them cut my hair but I just have no idea what to do with my hair! I'm sick of just doing the same old boring thing to it.. I guess next time I can bring a picture or something eh? didn't think about doing that..

Quoting sagi6666:

I'd just stay out of salons, it's not like they can see what your visualizing in your head...I would just leave it alone and take it as a learning experience...

Saffyre
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:32 AM

Probably not unless you went to her dad's house and had her do it there. I don't know...she doesn't really talk to me anymore unless I send her a message on myspace or something. I haven't seen her since the Friday before Halloween. I think it has a lot to do with the fact she and Veronica are bestest buddies again...bleh.

Quoting DevynsMomma:

Quoting Saffyre:

Saffyre
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:33 AM

I take that back. She brought the boys over to get candy on Halloween.

Quoting Saffyre:

Probably not unless you went to her dad's house and had her do it there. I don't know...she doesn't really talk to me anymore unless I send her a message on myspace or something. I haven't seen her since the Friday before Halloween. I think it has a lot to do with the fact she and Veronica are bestest buddies again...bleh.

Quoting DevynsMomma:

Quoting Saffyre:

angelofmusic
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:48 AM

i am usually pretty artsy, so i can figure out something fun to do with my hair, so i would avoid salons..

but no i wouldnt call to bitch, because even though they didnt do what you wanted, there is really nothing they can do about it, its not their fault. if you dont bitch while you are there, dont do it, unless they affect your hair in a permanent way, which she didnt.

but for next time... when you say up do, be alot more specific about what you want. say that you want it all up, not just partially, and that you want it to be something that will stay  and hold through dancing and wind and anything. also if what they are doing doesnt seem like what you want as they are doing it, ask, several times, say are you sure this is gonna be what i am wanting. can you make sure it will be like this, etc. do give them room to be creative, but dont let them walk on you. it is your hair, you are the customer, and you are always right. and if it had been me, i wouldnt have left yet i would have said this isnt really how i asked for it to be, do you think we can do something to make it better. maybe it would have turned out alot better. and then they earned their tip. :)

hope this helps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)