Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hurt Feelings...

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:43 AM
  • 18 Replies

first off happy new year to everyone.i had a semmingly great day...ened up going to bed early so i could get up early to work and clean up before the kids got up. well at 2 am  Dh came to bed fussing about the house and stuff needless to say it woke me and the baby up and now we cant sleep  but me and him got into it a little about stuff his clothes werent done for work yet but i was gonna be up at   330 anyways and have it done before he had to go in, he was yelling how i dont do anything but with 3 kids and work and being pregnanti sure think i get alot done ina day its really hard to get done what i wanna do though. before our 2 small girls came along things were pretty perfect always the house was spotless dinner was at 7 pm on the dot every single night except sundays where it was at like 5 since he didnt work on sundays. his clothes were washed and he always had tea in the fridge wating for him these days hes seriously lucky if theres a cold soda in the fridge .. ugh i feel bad  enough and then he says  to me right before he fell asleep i want the old you back but that person died when the babys came along.... that really hurt my feelings am i really in the wrong? i cant move the moon and stars ya know.. i really wanted things to change this year with m e and him and i dunnowhat to think

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dolphinhj
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:59 AM

Your feelings should be hurt because it sounds like he does nothing to help you around the house.  Not because you don't have his clothes or food ready at a certain time...its not 1940 anymore.  I'm sure he knows how to turn the washer and dryer on if not point him in the direction and leave sticky notes on how to use it...chin up girl, you're worth more then that!!!!

TalaziaMae
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:03 AM

You should be hurt, he loved it when you were his wife, but now that you are his wife and mother to his children he dont like it..

theres a post about a foreward... Im gonna find it for you and you should show it to him..

K8himon
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:03 AM

Im sorry when kids come along, they COME FIRST. Yes, you do have to make time for you, but BOTH OF YOU made those babies, and BOTH of you have to accept the sacrifices that come with them....sounds like he doesnt want to....and well he doesnt have a choice. He needs to stop bitching and realize how good he has it...maybe its time you gave him a reality check of everything you DO do around the place, and how its TRIPLED since the kids came along.

Are you a new Mom/Mom in need of baby clothes, toddler items, etc, or a Mom that can help? Come check out my group!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/helpamom
mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:04 AM

This is just me i wouldn't be waking up early to clean the house and his clothes wouldn't be done. I do laundry once a week if his work clothes aren't in it then he can get up off his butt and do them. Sorry its not the 50s any more and he needs to learn how to do things on his own and not make you feel like crap. And i would have yelled at him good right before he went to sleep because he woke up the baby. If i was tired and was going abck to sleep the baby would be his but thats all just me. Your his wife not his maid.

TalaziaMae
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:05 AM

A man came home from work and found his three children outside, still in their pajamas, playing in the mud, with empty food boxes and wrappers strewn all around the front yard. The door of his wife’s car was open, as was the front door to the house and there was no sign of the dog. Proceeding into the entry, he found an even bigger mess. A lamp had been knocked over, and the throw rug was wadded against one wall. In the front room the TV was loudly blaring a cartoon channel, and the family room was strewn with toys and various items of clothing. In the kitchen, dishes filled the sink, breakfast food was spilled on the counter, the fridge door was open wide, dog food was spilled on the floor, a broken glass lay under the table, and a small pile of sand was spread by the back door. He quickly headed up the stairs, stepping over toys and more piles of clothes, looking for his wife. He was worried she might be ill, or that something serious had happened. He was met with a small trickle of water as it made its way out the bathroom door. As he peered inside he found wet towels, scummy soap, and more toys strewn over the floor. Miles of toilet paper lay in a heap and toothpaste had been smeared over the mirror and walls. As he rushed to the bedroom, he found his wife still curled up in the bed in her pajamas, reading a novel. She looked up at him, smiled, and asked how his day went. He looked at her bewildered and asked:“What happened here today?’ She again smiled and answered You know every day when you come home from work and you ask me what in the world I do all day?” “Yes,” was his incredulous reply She answered, ‘”Well, today I didn’t do it"

K8himon
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:07 AM

LOL exactly what I meant when I said he needs a wake up call

Quoting TalaziaMae:

A man came home from work and found his three children outside, still in their pajamas, playing in the mud, with empty food boxes and wrappers strewn all around the front yard. The door of his wife’s car was open, as was the front door to the house and there was no sign of the dog. Proceeding into the entry, he found an even bigger mess. A lamp had been knocked over, and the throw rug was wadded against one wall. In the front room the TV was loudly blaring a cartoon channel, and the family room was strewn with toys and various items of clothing. In the kitchen, dishes filled the sink, breakfast food was spilled on the counter, the fridge door was open wide, dog food was spilled on the floor, a broken glass lay under the table, and a small pile of sand was spread by the back door. He quickly headed up the stairs, stepping over toys and more piles of clothes, looking for his wife. He was worried she might be ill, or that something serious had happened. He was met with a small trickle of water as it made its way out the bathroom door. As he peered inside he found wet towels, scummy soap, and more toys strewn over the floor. Miles of toilet paper lay in a heap and toothpaste had been smeared over the mirror and walls. As he rushed to the bedroom, he found his wife still curled up in the bed in her pajamas, reading a novel. She looked up at him, smiled, and asked how his day went. He looked at her bewildered and asked:“What happened here today?’ She again smiled and answered You know every day when you come home from work and you ask me what in the world I do all day?” “Yes,” was his incredulous reply She answered, ‘”Well, today I didn’t do it"

jothra
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:10 AM

Sounds like your DH needs a reality check. Maybe he can care for your girls when he is home so you can take a small break and get some stuff done.

Mama2My3Girls
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:13 AM

lol that would be my house if i wasnt on constant damage control my youngest dd is always into things, thanks for this little story ive seen it somewhere before i think  makes me laugh ty :)

Quoting TalaziaMae:

Mama2My3Girls
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:16 AM

he wont watch the kids if i want a break or need to get stuff done my sd has to watch them

Quoting jothra:

Sounds like your DH needs a reality check. Maybe he can care for your girls when he is home so you can take a small break and get some stuff done.

Mama2My3Girls
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:18 AM

when he gets off work he just plays video games all day i dont mind him playing games but he never really does anything  else unless its outside work like mowing or cleaning the yard he doesnt really help with the kids

Quoting K8himon:

Im sorry when kids come along, they COME FIRST. Yes, you do have to make time for you, but BOTH OF YOU made those babies, and BOTH of you have to accept the sacrifices that come with them....sounds like he doesnt want to....and well he doesnt have a choice. He needs to stop bitching and realize how good he has it...maybe its time you gave him a reality check of everything you DO do around the place, and how its TRIPLED since the kids came along.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)