Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IUD Q

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:48 AM
  • 11 Replies

I got my IUD Nov 20, I had no probs with it until recently I'm getting a crampy pinch feeling randomly and i think the string is poking me. Do you think it'll go away or should i call my Dr?

Raina Elle 6.27.05

Braeden Anton 9.25.08 & Aaron Curtis 9.24.08

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Marijean
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:05 AM

Ne 1?

Raina Elle 6.27.05

brettsmomma
by Tammie on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:07 AM

I had the same and its gone away.. If the pain gets worse than call.

ncxg
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:08 AM

Which one do you have? I think I would call just to get it checked out.

aborda
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:08 AM

My theory is you can always call and just ask. You dont have to go in just tell them you would like to ask a question.

MADAmom2
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:11 AM

I have the Mirena, had it for a year now and I'm thinking about getting it taken out. I've had so many stupid weird side effects from it that I didn't know were caused by the IUD until I read up on it more. like more pimples, more facial hair, ovarian cysts, weird periods, always in a bad mood & it hurts in certain sexual positions. I like not having to take a pill and worrying about getting pregnant, but this is really annoying!

busy momCrystal  happy new year 2009

* Mommy to Madison - 3 & Danny - 14mons

kimberlieparks
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:19 AM

I had the miraina! I had the same type of pain! When you check it do you feel the end of it? if so you probably need to get it taken out. My uterus was to small for the IUD and thats why I was having so many problems with mine. Just a thought! I would definitly get it look at cause its not suppose to hurt and you shouldn't be uncomfortable with it!

Marijean
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:22 AM

I thought you were suppose to feel the string... I have the Marina

Quoting kimberlieparks:

I had the miraina! I had the same type of pain! When you check it do you feel the end of it? if so you probably need to get it taken out. My uterus was to small for the IUD and thats why I was having so many problems with mine. Just a thought! I would definitly get it look at cause its not suppose to hurt and you shouldn't be uncomfortable with it!

Raina Elle 6.27.05

kimberlieparks
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Quoting Marijean:

I thought you were suppose to feel the string... I have the Marina

Quoting kimberlieparks:

Yeah your only suppose to feel the string I on the other hand felt the tip of it as well. Its like a hard thing sticking out of my cervics! So they took mine out! when they tried to put another one in they couldn't get it in because my uterus is too small for one!

MrsBentine
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:22 PM

Id call the doc.But I personally HATE the IUD.

Aimee14
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:22 PM

I have the Mirena. ON manday i am going to ask to have it removed. To much cramping and spotting for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)