Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

AAAAHHHHHH!!!!! vent

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:48 AM
  • 4 Replies
ok why is its fate or whatever idea of a sick joke to make my son go through these cycles where he wakes up at 4 in the morning refusing to go back to sleep. especially on the days when everybody in the house kept me awake till like 1am. now i know there are going to be people who say i should just leave him in his room to set his schedule but there are other people in the house and when he starts to scream bloody murder at the word bed or sleep, not to mention kicking and twisting around in my arms quite possible hurting him as much as it does me, it does no one any good to try and put him back to bed. this isn't a schedule problem either he just does this about once a month from anywhere to 1 day to a week. it drives me crazy and i feel that it is out of my control and it sucks. sorry i just really had to vent well i need to get him out the highchair now, and thanks for the ear ladies.
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kristyn165
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:20 AM

Do you have a radio in your other children's rooms?  My son gets up at odd times in a night and does the same thing.  We put a radio in our daughters room and now she is able to sleep right through the craziness. 

oimel00
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:21 AM

hahah! I'm only laughing because my DD who usually sleep until 8:30-9, woke up this morning at 6:30 and hasn't gone back to bed! my fiance went skiing this morning and I'm pretty sure he woke her up when he was getting ready, damn him!

chiamom123
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:54 PM
Quoting kristyn165:

Do you have a radio in your other children's rooms?  My son gets up at odd times in a night and does the same thing.  We put a radio in our daughters room and now she is able to sleep right through the craziness. 

its not other children its the rest of my family my mom who is having some medical problems(one of them is that she has insomnia and can't sleep with out medication if he wakes her up she can't even take a nap during the day and her being tired makes her other symptyms worse.) my brother who is in collage and works a full time job so he doesn't get much sleep and if my day isn't working he is home and asleep too. they don't listen to music while they sleep either.
zillionaire
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Okay, here's a wild thought:

If he does this once a month, is it the same time every month?  My daughter was doing this too, then I noticed that she was waking up at 3 am whenever the moon was full... because the moonlight was shining into her room and waking her up, plus the neighbor's dog would bark her head off as soon as the moon was really high and bright.  She sleeps with a fan now, so she doesn't hear the dogs barking.

I dunno... I look for patterns like this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)