Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does this look like heat rash?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:41 AM
  • 8 Replies

Ok, so I have been getting this rash for over a year now, and it is only when I get hot, like when I take a shower, work out, clean, anything like that.  IT itches and is so freaking irritating.  I get it all up and down my arms, my legs, and on my chest.  I have been to a dermatologist and all they did was gave me some cream, that did nothing.  What does this look like to you? 

THANKS!!

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mommieof2rboys
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:43 AM

no looks like allergic reaction to me! have u changed your soap? or shampoo

mommyofblueyes
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:45 AM

I am always changing soap and shampoo, LOL.  I like to try new stuff, but it still does it, after every shower.

Quoting mommieof2rboys:

no looks like allergic reaction to me! have u changed your soap? or shampoo

mommyofblueyes
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:53 AM

bump

thedivinemizm
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:54 AM

It looks like the same thing my mom had and they had to prescribe her some kind of alcohol rub she has sensitive skin too and she uses oil of olay and she doesnt break out as bad ill find out what its called she use to use hydrcortizone cream (spelled it wrong im sure)

mommyofblueyes
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:59 AM

Thanks!!  I tried Hydro cortisone, but it does not do anything for it.  I just don't understand how one day it just showed up...GRRRR....LOL!

Quoting thedivinemizm:

It looks like the same thing my mom had and they had to prescribe her some kind of alcohol rub she has sensitive skin too and she uses oil of olay and she doesnt break out as bad ill find out what its called she use to use hydrcortizone cream (spelled it wrong im sure)

thedivinemizm
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:02 AM

It shows up the worst on my mom when she takes a hot shower and shes tried to take tepid ones but she hates it

mommyofblueyes
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:06 AM

Yeah, I just took these after I got out of the shower, lol.  I have to take hot showers, but it also does this anytime I get hot, that is why I thought it could be heat rash, but it does not really look like it to me.

Quoting thedivinemizm:

It shows up the worst on my mom when she takes a hot shower and shes tried to take tepid ones but she hates it

thedivinemizm
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:08 AM

Ill call my mom today and ask her what she uses cause it sounds the same

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)