Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone Considering Doing the Disney Princess Half Marathon?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:07 AM
  • 13 Replies

I am and I was just wondering if there was anyone who has run a half marathon with some experience to share or maybe tips. Or maybe someone who plans do the half marathon?

I've been jogging 2.5 miles daily and want to make a goal for myself to push myself. Any pointers?

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brettsmomma
by Tammie on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:08 AM

LOL I am not doing it.. I live in Milwaukee but my fiance is an avid marathon runner. If you have any questions pm me and I will ask him when he wakes up.. I have a goal to run a 4mi run on the fourth lol!! Hey its a start! Good luck momma!

3corncrew
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:09 AM

Sorry, I don't run.

When I opened this thread, I had incorrectly thought you meant that you were going to be watching movies for half a day!

aidensmommy1105
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:10 AM

how many miles is the half marathon? i would keep building up and adding some distance each week.

i don't run though, but i have heard this from some family members who have ran marathons.

skinnyminnie121
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:14 AM

the half marathon is 13 miles. lol I want to do it soo bad! I love jogging and need a goal I have a great jogging buddy who never lets me stop here is his picture.

anetrnlov
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:16 AM

He's a beauty....is he white shpeherd?

Quoting skinnyminnie121:

the half marathon is 13 miles. lol I want to do it soo bad! I love jogging and need a goal I have a great jogging buddy who never lets me stop here is his picture.

skinnyminnie121
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:17 AM

Yes, one of three. He will run next to me off leash and is just wonderful.

Quoting anetrnlov:

He's a beauty....is he white shpeherd?

Quoting skinnyminnie121:

athenax3
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:18 AM

I also really wanted to run a marathon at least once, I was jogging and training every single day last year but then had a bad accident and haven't been able to jog since, barely walk without pain now, and I am considering trying to retrain despite my back problems because i want to run a marathon so much. No one gets it, even I don't know why I want it so badly I just do, lol...good luck momma, when you do it post and let us know!

Junebug926
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:20 AM

If you are already running I'm sure you know this but here is my 2 cents. Make sure you stretch WELL and make sure you have the proper shoes and insoles. Your knees and body will THANK YOU! If you haven't, go to a local runner's store if you have one and have them fit you properly for the way you run. Other than that, just keep at it and make sure you are eating a diet that will work with you, not against you. Good luck!!

skinnyminnie121
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:24 AM

omgsh that's awful mommy! I hope you're hitting the trails soon. 

And it is so true I feel like when I'm jogging I have time all to myself - I don't even let music intrude. I love to get out early in the morning and when I can hear the birds and smell the fresh air. I sound corny I know.  

It's so worth it to get out of bed early for that. It's the gift I give myself everyday. LOL And I'm a grump if I happen to miss. JK But it really makes my day better.

Quoting athenax3:

I also really wanted to run a marathon at least once, I was jogging and training every single day last year but then had a bad accident and haven't been able to jog since, barely walk without pain now, and I am considering trying to retrain despite my back problems because i want to run a marathon so much. No one gets it, even I don't know why I want it so badly I just do, lol...good luck momma, when you do it post and let us know!

athenax3
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:28 AM

Quoting skinnyminnie121:

omgsh that's awful mommy! I hope you're hitting the trails soon. 

And it is so true I feel like when I'm jogging I have time all to myself - I don't even let music intrude. I love to get out early in the morning and when I can hear the birds and smell the fresh air. I sound corny I know.  

It's so worth it to get out of bed early for that. It's the gift I give myself everyday. LOL And I'm a grump if I happen to miss. JK But it really makes my day better.

Quoting athenax3:

See that's the funny thing, I was never joggin alone, I always had the baby in the stroller, and my earplugs in blaring Aerosmith, but when I run, I really feel like I could be flying, lol stupid I know, but that's how I felt, as if I wasn't even touching the ground, lol, that's what I miss, that and the sense of peace when I finished a days jog.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)