Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your tot/kid have a daily schedule?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:57 AM
  • 8 Replies

Just wondering. I worked in a childcare center for 5 years, and I know a lot of it stuch with me. I firmly believe in schedules because they keep the child "in the know" and know what to expect. it gives them a sense of security. So here is Aaron's...

7/7:15am          Wake up, change diaper

8:00                 Eat breakfast

9:00                 Go potty, change diaper and get dressed

9:30-10            Free play and learning time

10:00               Watch Sesame street

10:30               Go potty, change diaper

11:00               Physical/gross motor play

11:30               Eat lunch

12:00               Go potty, change diaper and nap

1:30/2:00          Wake up, go potty and change diaper

2:30/3:00          Eat snack

3-4:00              Free play and learning time

4:30                 Go potty and change diaper

5:00                 Watch Sid the Science Kid

6:00                 Go potty, change diaper and eat dinner

7:00                 eat snack and play with daddy

7:15                 Tues, Thurs, and Sat...get bath

7:50                 Go potty, change diaper and dressed for bed

8:00                 In bed, lights out

All I have, all I am, all I ever will be, is because of you, Lord!

I am a 100% pro-life, wife, church goin Christain, choir singin, recycling, natural products user, vaccinating, non co-sleepin, CIO method user, soy drinking, organic whole milk givin, coffee drinking, dog lovin, schedule stickin to, vitamin givin/takin, soy candle burning, as Green as I can get, WAHM.

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:59 AM

Absolutely. It's been tough over the holidays, but we have been working to maintain it! Good for you Mommy!

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:01 AM

7am Wake up..change breakfast

8am- noon........PLAY......Lunch

Noon-3 Naptime!

by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:02 AM

We have a schedule, not ths strict. We are alwys out doing things woth the kids like golfing or hiking, because I work from home & DH doesn't go into work until 4 pm. But they know when bfast, lunch, dinner, naptime & bedtime is, lol

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:03 AM

my kids are pretty routine, but not as muchas yours. my daughter more so than my son... because shes an infant and i breast feed. but there are a few things. if i don't feed and nap on time every day then the whole day is off. its bizzare how my kids know what happens and when... and they can't tell time.

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:04 AM

He has his own natural schedule and has since he was born. I haven't ever set a strict schedule for him.

Wake up around 6 - 6:30 AM

Say morning prayer with him, change him, nurse him, burp him

I get ready for work, get him ready to go to nana's (my mom keeps him during the day)

Get him to nana and papas around 7:30 to 7:45, then off to work I go

That's about it. He eats at his own will during the day; I haven't ever had him on an eating schedule. He gets expressed breastmilk while I'm at work, and I nurse him when I'm around.

I pick him up at around 5:30 or so

When he gets home, I give him some tummy time, and my husband and I do some "Your Baby Can Read" and "Baby Signing Time" with him at some point.

Gets bath on Mon, Wed, Fri, or whenever needed (in the case of explosive diapers) around 7:15 PM

Nighttime nursing around 7:30 PM

He generally goes to bed (on his own) around 8:00 PM or so.

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:05 AM

i have no schedule. I live with my mom, father two sisters, brother, husband and son. There are too many people in the house to be able to make food such a scheduled thing. Plus my husband works a very weird schedule that is all over the place so really there is no way i could make one :( i really want to though so that i could have a piece of my sanity back

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:05 AM

My son has has schedule too with many potty breaks in b/w as we are starting to potty train. I believe in schedules/routine too.

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:09 AM

Layla is only 2 1/2 months but she has her own schedule. Normally it's Wake up at 8 or 9

Diaper Change and eat

Nap for 4 hours

diaper change and eat

Play Play Play

diaper changes and eating are in the play

Bath at 6 or 7

Diaper changes and eating

and she has another diaper change and eats about 2 bottles around 11 or 12 and goes to sleep

It's not the most ridged schedule but it's a schedule.

I'm a formula feeding, vaccinating, pro choice, tattooed, siberian husky owning, married to an nra member and a card carrying indian, loud, red headed momma of a beautiful, happy, healthy, half native american, red headed, blue eyed, baby girl...duh.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)