Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

making friends in Fl

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:39 AM
  • 6 Replies

I will be moving to Florida and i wanna get a jump on making friends down there. My hubby was raised there adn he does have LOTS of family there. that will help but I need mommy friends to...............i presonally have no family down there but no this move will make us all very happy and its the best place we wanna raise our boys. We wont be moving till 2010 but we will be makin a few trips down this year to find a place and what not............Oh yeah we are moving to Crystal river, in Citrus County.................

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Amberwavessss
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:44 AM

Good luck!  I live on the Treasure Coast.  Hopefully you'll have friendly neighbors or meet other moms through your children's school or something.   Florida is weird because there are a lot of flaky people, snotty, stand-offish people, then you have your ordinary people.  You have to sift through a lot of unfriendlies to get to the good-uns.  :)

momofsixangels
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:46 AM

Quoting Amberwavessss:

Good luck!  I live on the Treasure Coast.  Hopefully you'll have friendly neighbors or meet other moms through your children's school or something.   Florida is weird because there are a lot of flaky people, snotty, stand-offish people, then you have your ordinary people.  You have to sift through a lot of unfriendlies to get to the good-uns.  :)

So true!!! I am in orlando.It is full of snobs and people w/o manners.

mstnbecki
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:46 AM

I moved to florida when I was almost 9 and we left when I was almost 15.I LOVED growing up in Florida and someday I hope to go back.

possummom
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:49 AM

i lve in volusia county in florida. good luck. living in this state is great. other than the hurricanes. but there is so much you can do here.

MissGina85
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:38 PM

I thought most of the people in Florida were nice, every time I have been there people are so nice... Then again I live in Boston where people are fairly rude so it may just be in comparison to here! I hope you meet some nice new friends and enjoy Florida though

skinnyminnie121
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:58 PM

desoto county how close we will be?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)