Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You had the balls to say what!!!!!! Vent about in-laws

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:05 AM
  • 15 Replies

OK so for just about 2 and a half years my in-laws have treated me like complete crap. They even sat my hubby down 3 weeks before we got married and told him I was sleeping around so he would call off the wedding. Well Yesterday all hell broke lose and my SIL called my hubby and started chewing him out for not bringing our daughter out to my MIL and FIL house. Well my dd had no idea who they are because they have only seen her four times in her life (she will be 2 in Feb.)  Even though we have tried countless times to get them involved with her life. They always said no or they are to busy or one time their exact words were they had better things to do! So anyway after my SIL and my hubby got to the point that they were yelling at each other on the phone he hung up. Well then good ol' MIL called and started doing the same thing. So he asked why they don't like me and they said (excuse #1) I became bitchy after I got pregnant. Well sorry if I was only 20, with no job and no real place to live ad I was planning on going back to school. Then about 5 minutes later they said they couldn't stand me (excuse #2) because I was lazy. We lived with them for about 4 months because we were buying a house and sold our other and the house fell through so we had no where to go so it was a temp thing. In which we paid rent and helped with cleaning and cooking and chores (they have horses) and all at the same time I had 3 fractures in my spine from a car accident and I was pregnant for 3 of the four months we lived there. And not to mention all the money we gave them not just for rent but for them to have because they were behind in bills and we paid their vet bills but they just happen to forget that now. Then about 5 minutes later they said (excuse#3) it was because I called the sheriff on them for not caring for their animals. Which they weren't and some were very sick and dieing and they wouldn't do nothing about it. They weren't feeding them and some had already starved to death and my hubby and I paid for what vet bills we could but we aren't millionaires. So the sheriff was supposed to get other people involved and they would have gotten help from the humane society and got things taken care of, instead he told them I was full of crap and to press harassment charges on me. The in-laws and the sheriff are best friends turns out.  When asked why they said I was sleeping around they said they didn't and my hubby just made that up!!! So any talk talk talk blah blah blah my hubby said if they can't accept his family including me then he will no longer have anything to do with them because we don't want our daughter raised around all this crap and lies and and we know that they would talk about all this carp in front of my DD. And my MIL actually said that I am not my hubby's family. Only my DD my hubby and them are family not me and I will never be in my hubby's family. So at that point my hubby got really pissed and said that I was and they are just going top have to get used to the idea. And said he didn't want to talk, text or e-mail until they could except me as part of the family and hung up. Man I just hate them so much. Why can't they just grow the hell up and see what they are missing out on being a part of. So anyway thanks for letting me vent I really needed to let it all out. There was much more said but I would be writting a book if I kept going.

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:08 AM

WOW! Good for your hubby for sticking up for you!!

angelizedsinz
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:10 AM

Awww I'm so sorry for u. My mom's the horrible one for us. I got really lucky when it come to my MIL, bt I know the stress that family probs can put on u. I swear sometimes it'slike they forget that they're our parents.

loveingmybabies
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:14 AM

Hi.Im sorry to hear that your going thourgh that.Sometimes my family is the one who seems to not really acept my husband(we have been together for 11 yrs and married 9)my mom is the one behind it all.She talks to him and stuff,but every now and then shell say something to piss me off.One of the main reasons she did not want me with him is cause he was married before and has two other children.My husband is a great husband to me and a wonderful daddy to our two sons.  Sending you big hugs Momma and I hope things do improve.  Happy New Yearhugs

Mynesha
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:16 AM

Your husband sounds like a great guy. I'm glad that he is one of the one's who realized that when he married his wife, he married HER and to disrespect you is to disrespect him. He chose to have you in his life and didn't bow out to mommy telling him how to live his life.

Your In-laws sound like disgusting human beings and you should thank your lucky stars they aren't in your daughters life, no matter how much you may want them to be. Sometimes things happen in the best interest. Do you really want people around your daughter who hates you and will talk shit about you to your child? I sure wouldn't. I would saw, hack, axe and burn any bridges with them  and flood the river quickly.

geminishadow79
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:18 AM

Oh so I guess that means his mom doesn't considerself to be his dads family either then.  Interesting.  Good for him for standing up for you!!!!  its sad that this has happened but how it must be nice be to see how important you really are to him!  Hopefully someday all this will pass and you all can big happy family but until that time I agree with your hubby there is no need for your little baby girl to be exposed to such hatred

josmama
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:19 AM

Oh we have. this was pretty much their last chance to start over and grow up. After everything I have been the one willing for my hubby's and DD's sake but they just can't seem to get over their lies they made about me. So it's done with them. My hubby actually wants to move and change our number but I said we can't really afford that plus it would show them that they are getting under our skin which is what they want.

Quoting Mynesha:

Your husband sounds like a great guy. I'm glad that he is one of the one's who realized that when he married his wife, he married HER and to disrespect you is to disrespect him. He chose to have you in his life and didn't bow out to mommy telling him how to live his life.

Your In-laws sound like disgusting human beings and you should thank your lucky stars they aren't in your daughters life, no matter how much you may want them to be. Sometimes things happen in the best interest. Do you really want people around your daughter who hates you and will talk shit about you to your child? I sure wouldn't. I would saw, hack, axe and burn any bridges with them  and flood the river quickly.

allensavannahs
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:22 AM

i'm sorry your inlaws are a**holes! mine are too. your a lucky woman to have your husband stick up for you like  that. IMO he did the right thing. dont worry about them being in or out of DD's life sound like she is better off with out them

boy n girlexpecting boy

I'm a Mother, Wife , Friend. Granddaughter, Neice, Aunt , Nerd, but most of all i'm ME.

mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:32 AM

Im sorry your in laws are bad. Your not hte only one with pyscho inlaws mine are also. They are both drunks and refuses to accpect the fact they treat their kids like crap and make no effort to know their grandkids and blame everyone else for their problems. hey have the nerve to bad mouth their daughters hubby because he doesn't like them since they treat her like crap. My BIL is great with my SIL from what i've seen and like us their main fight is my Inlaws. My inlaws told my hubby that i hate them also. Gotta love it when inlaws are so blind sided by themselves they need to blame everything on someone else.

mom2dane07
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:38 AM

girl, i know the feeling. My MIL is terrible. She goes months without seeing my son (who will also be 2 in feb) She came over the sat after christmas and that was the 1st time since Danes Bday party in feb. Oh and of course she was late to that. She was suppose to come friday but she didn't and didn't call. She claimed sat she hada headache. She told me that i was ruining her sons life and that i should leave. She also said i was the reason that he didn't want anything to do with her becuase i've been lying about her. Hello, her son is 37 and has never gotten along with her and i have a kid so i don't have freaking time to make up lies about her. SHe never calls to ask about Dane or come to see him and she freakin lives 10 minutes away. My family that lives in another state see him more than she does. And she always tries to compare Dane to her other Grandson Kalven who is 4. They are nothing alike other than they heave the same crazy grandma. So honey i feel you and know your not the only one going thru this. Let me know if you wanna talk.

josmama
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:15 PM

Wow sounds like we have the same MIL. Although not only am I ruining my hubby's life I also mentally abuse him and alienate him from all his friends which we have over at our house just about every weekend. His family has done this to EVERY one of his girl friends. I'm just the one who stood up for my self and told them no and stayed with my hubby and they hate that more than anything. We aren't their little puppets and personal banks.

Quoting mom2dane07:

girl, i know the feeling. My MIL is terrible. She goes months without seeing my son (who will also be 2 in feb) She came over the sat after christmas and that was the 1st time since Danes Bday party in feb. Oh and of course she was late to that. She was suppose to come friday but she didn't and didn't call. She claimed sat she hada headache. She told me that i was ruining her sons life and that i should leave. She also said i was the reason that he didn't want anything to do with her becuase i've been lying about her. Hello, her son is 37 and has never gotten along with her and i have a kid so i don't have freaking time to make up lies about her. SHe never calls to ask about Dane or come to see him and she freakin lives 10 minutes away. My family that lives in another state see him more than she does. And she always tries to compare Dane to her other Grandson Kalven who is 4. They are nothing alike other than they heave the same crazy grandma. So honey i feel you and know your not the only one going thru this. Let me know if you wanna talk.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)