Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

chili

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:33 AM
  • 8 Replies

I have a good turkey southwestern chili recp with black beans but, I am looking for a more tradtional chili recipe that I can put in the crockpot!  TY

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:14 PM

Hi ilovemylilboyz

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

Recipes

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

\\ The CafeMom Admin Team

zillionaire
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:16 PM

What kind of chili?  You can make cincinatti chili by putting 1.5 lb of ground beef, 1-6oz.  can of tomato paste, a package of chili-O, some cinnamon, onion powder, and a square of unsweetened chocolate in the crock pot... heat it on high until it comes to a boil, then turn it to low and cook for several hours until it is nice and thick.  Serve it over pasta with shredded cheese, onions if you like.  I like to crumble up corn chips over it.

Momof2buggies
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:19 PM
I made this chili and everyone loved it! Crockpot Chili 2 (16 oz.) cans kidney beans 2 lg. cans tomatoes 2 lbs. hamburger 2 onions, chopped 1 bell pepper 1 clove garlic 3 tbsp. chili powder 1 tsp. cumin 1 tsp. pepper Salt Put all ingredients into crock pot in order. Cover and cook on low 10 to 12 hours, 5 to 6 hours on high.
Spades
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:20 PM

I never use the same recipe twice... usually whatever is in the fridge goes in!  But you can google chili recipes and get tons of ideas!

brandi185
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:23 PM

this is the one i use.  it's almost as good as steak and shakes chili.  i use ground turkey.  my family loves it.

SERVES 2 -4 (change servings and units)

Write a Review! (optional)

Submit Cancel

Ingredients

Directions

1. 1
    Brown ground beef and salt in oil-If there is a high fat content to the ground beef you can omit the oil.
  2. 2
    Put soup in blender, blend for 1 minute.
  3. 3
    Add all to crock pot.
  4. 4
    Drain beef before adding to pot.
  5. 5
    Let simmer on low for 6 hours or on high for 2 hours.
ElijahsMommy58
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:25 PM

Haha, sorry I had to laugh. Last night I was telling SO that I wanted his mom's chili. Oooh that woman can cook some chili! lol Anyway, I was writing down on our grocery list to get the stuff to make for it, and I was like "Omg, I dont know how to spell it! Chilli, chillie?" haha I would tell you the recipie but I dont even know it. I just write down "Chili stuff" & my SO grabs everything.

canagirl95
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:26 PM

Everyone loves my chili~ I use the 2 pounds of the 17 bean soup & 1 pound of reg beans and 3 pounds of ground beef.  Soak the beans overnight, then in the morning brown & drain the meat~ season meat with Johnny's.  I used 2 large cans of italian seasoned diced tomatoes & I add garlic, onion, & tobasco thruout the day (taste it, you'll know what it needs).  cook on high for 6 hrs.  Yummy!

hey, I saw that someone recommended the recipes group~ there's also one for us crock pot Moms, I'll check my groups & send you the link!

canagirl95
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:28 PM

here ya go!

Crock Pot Moms

10130 members
You are a member of this group.

Have a crock pot and don't know what to do with it? You came to the right place. Easy dinners without the fuss!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)