Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any ideas??????

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:47 AM
  • 10 Replies

Any ideas on how I can make some money? We are going to be about 250.00 short this month. That is with cutting everything extra out. No eating out or buying anything that we don't need. I really hate months like this. Any ideas???? Thanks

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snoopy21276
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:51 AM

have you tried selling on craigs list??? not a gaurentee but you can set a price, post pic and they come to you and pay ya cash???? Look around and see what you have! 

VerucaSallt
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:53 AM

Put up some posts that you'll babysit on weekend nights for those parents wanting to go out.  You can make $50/night doing it!

themacs4

This is kind of odd, but how about donating plasma?  I've never done it, so I don't know if it hurts or not, but I know around here they pay for you to do that.

mooremom

sell stuff on ebay?

amber_ledford08

are you a SAHM? Have you tried cleaning a few houses, babysitting, running errands for someone?

Cute Text by The Doll Palace / Click to edit
mooremom
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:54 AM

offer babysitting services for a few kids on the weekend and keep them over night. You could charge 30-50 per kid and the parents could have an entire evening to themselves.

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:55 AM

I keep seeing commercials that HR Block is giving early tax returns, up to $1000. If you are usually due a return, you could look into that.

Kairi happy new year 2009

bethmoore71
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:57 AM

Try getting free groceries from a food bank and churches, to cut down on grocery expenses this month. Go through your house and see if you have things (clothes, jewelry, books, knick knacks, etc) that you can post for sale on craigslist.com. I'm sure there are many more ways to come up with the shortfall, but that's a start at least! Good luck, I've sooo been there many times and it's scary.

johnsmommy1223
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:58 AM

hm.....i have been reading alot of these posts lately and its really sad because moms cant get a job because daycare is sooo much anymore but at the same time people arent making it when i am short for somethiing thank goodness i have a family that will help me i live with my sister right now but we are getting our own place and im nervus that we arent going to be able to make it

snoopy21276
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:02 PM

do you know if any churches around you do angelfood??? I can help you find a location??? They save us $$ on our grocieries and it is pretty good this month. .here the ordering is the 10th and pick up is the 17th.. but each place is different... send me a pm if ya want some help finding a location... these sites recieve units f food that are donated depending on how many they sell.. as a way of giving back to the host church... maybe you can get one that is donated???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)