Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just made

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:55 AM
  • 3 Replies

some zucchini and carrot pancakes and they are yummmy. My 2 year old likes them too! I made them mostly for him because he doesn't eat a lot of veggies....not nearly enough. But he likes pancakes so I thought I'd incorporate them in the batter.  Just took some pancake batter and grated fresh zucchini and carrots into it and poured about 2 tbsp of pure natural maple syrup and mixed it all up.

I also made him mashed potato patties with carrots in them last week. I did forget to put the cheese in it, but next time I make them, I will add cheese. Just take mashed potatoes (boxed or freshly peeled and cooked) and then simply make a ball and flatten it in a pan of little melted butter. I grated some carrots in the potatoes before i balled it and flattened it. And my 2 year old approves.

All I have, all I am, all I ever will be, is because of you, Lord!

I am a 100% pro-life, wife, church goin Christain, choir singin, recycling, natural products user, vaccinating, non co-sleepin, CIO method user, soy drinking, organic whole milk givin, coffee drinking, dog lovin, schedule stickin to, vitamin givin/takin, soy candle burning, as Green as I can get, WAHM.

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mariknouse
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:56 AM

Those are both really good ideas :) I love zucchini because you can put it in so many recipes..it just takes on the flavor of whatever you cook it with.

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

bethmoore71
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:04 PM

Another great way to get veggies into a picky-eater's diet, is by pureeing steamed cauliflower and adding to mac & cheese and pasta sauces. You don't taste it or see it. You can also puree steamed zucchini, instead of grating it. I bought the book The Sneaky Chef, and it's loaded with great ideas and recipes for picky eaters. Mine is 15 years old, and I so wish I had the info way back when! She's a big pain in the butt to cook for.

Quoting mariknouse:

Those are both really good ideas :) I love zucchini because you can put it in so many recipes..it just takes on the flavor of whatever you cook it with.

Kat770
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:33 PM

MMMM!  I bet the carrot and zucchini pancakes were yummy- I would probably fix them with mashed potatoes and corn and just eat butter on them, no syrup.  My dad would make corn fritters when I was little (batter with corn in it, fried into little cookie shaped sort of balls)... and sometimes he would make them with Veg-All instead of corn.  I would make them, but the smell of frying oil that hangs in the air is so gross to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)