Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What book are you currently reading and what's in your CD (or MP3) player?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:33 PM
  • 50 Replies

I need some new reading material...what are you reading and do you (so far) recommend it?  Or in the alternative, what's a book you read last year that you think EVERYONE should have to read?

Also, what's currently in your CD player/IPOD? 

Jezzabelle718.gif picture by Greyhoundgirl1977

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
themacs4
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:35 PM

Right now I'm reading Twilight..I'm sure most have already read it though!  LOL  I've been listening to Carrie Underwood's  cd Carnival a lot.  I really like it. 

Last year, I read, Are you there Vodka, it's me Chelsea by Chelsea Handler and also her other one, but can't think of the name right now.  I read Story Telling by Tori Spelling & also some books by Jodi Picoult.  She is a great author!!

katykay
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:36 PM

I'm currently on book six of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series, called Hot Six.  Definitely worth starting with the first book, One for the Money if you haven't read them. 

As for what is in my ipod, I'm listening to metro station right now. 

Jezzabelle718
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:36 PM

i'm also reading twilight and only have one book left on my list after that...i usually have a HUGE list but with christmas and all...didn't get a chance to stock up on books.  did you like the chelsea handler books?  i love her show!

Quoting themacs4:

Right now I'm reading Twilight..I'm sure most have already read it though!  LOL  I've been listening to Carrie Underwood's  cd Carnival a lot.  I really like it. 

Last year, I read, Are you there Vodka, it's me Chelsea by Chelsea Handler and also her other one, but can't think of the name right now.  I read Story Telling by Tori Spelling & also some books by Jodi Picoult.  She is a great author!!

Jezzabelle718.gif picture by Greyhoundgirl1977

MommyOnLI
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:37 PM

i just finished The Appeal, John Grisham

Linkin Park, Minutes to Midnight is in the car CD player

D&T RCMH is in the house Stereo

just cleaned out the iPod (so its empty)

I read Twilight last year... very good book... loved it.. but at the same time, very predictble

baby

pregnancy week by week

kylesmom
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Just finished Twilight started book two new moon also started book 2 of yada yada prayer club and am seriously considering putting both of those dow for The Shack have heard great things about it

themacs4
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Oh, I thought they were hilarious!  I love her show, too!!  They are really "easy reads" & didn't take me long.  Like the pp said, the Janet Evonovich Stephanie Plum series are great, too.  They are really funny.  I'm on 14 of that series.  I want to read it, but the library has a waiting list for it!  LOL

Quoting Jezzabelle718:

i'm also reading twilight and only have one book left on my list after that...i usually have a HUGE list but with christmas and all...didn't get a chance to stock up on books.  did you like the chelsea handler books?  i love her show!

Quoting themacs4:

nickolyn
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:39 PM

right now i'm reading twilight for the 3rd time. i love it!! my new favorite book series. and i'm not listening to anything right now. my boss is playing something but i have no idea what it is lol.

josmama

Right now I'm reading Blood Dreams by Kay Kooper. So far its good I guess still on 1st chapter though lol. Don't really have a CD player just everything on my computer is everyhting from country to rap, rock and musicals couple manson songs too. All mixed so you get different thing at different times.

mommy228

last book i read was twilight **well, breaking dawn** in my cd player, taylor swift fearless

Kenre
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:44 PM

I just finished reading Witch Child by Celia Rees. I'm looking for the sequel online right now. The back says:

"Enter the world of Mary Newbury, where being different can cost a person her life. Hidden until now in the pages of her secret diary, fourteen-year-old Mary's story begins as she flees the English witch-hunts to settle in an American colony. How long can she hide her true nature from the Puritans? How long can she keep running?"

And I listent to my playlist on my CM profile when I want to listen to music. I own all of the CDs and listen to them in the car. So it's the same music.

I'm a co-sleeping, baby carrying, cloth diapering, early potty training, vaccinating, circumcising, work at home, animal loving, breastfeeding, no spanking, no screaming, Kazdin Method using, sign language using, book loving, Pagan living Witch, pro-life, meat eating, head strong mommy of a baby boy who is gifted (Sept 25, 07), a step-son with PDD-NOS Autism (Jun 11, 04), due August 5, 2009.
Join Me In These Groups: Pagan & Proud | Natural Nurturing | South of the Twin Cities MN Mom's | 2007 Babies | Baby Sign Language | Hard Ass Mommas | Minnesota Mama's | Old Fashioned & Anti Mainstream Moms | Step-Parenting | Moms Against Child Sexual Abuse | Caylee Anthony

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)