Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

carless and now jobless

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:47 PM
  • 3 Replies

soo long story short we went on vacation to miami and we were supposed to drive back up to missouri on dec 26, we got into a car accident on dec 26 totaled our car and my hand is all messed up. i was supposed to be back to work on monday but since we have no car we have no way home. i have faxed everything my job has asked for and they are now telling me that "its not looking to good for you right now" and acting like i fucking planned on this happeneing. i have done everything i can and i am so upset if i lose my job we are already struggling we wil prob lose our apt! we are getting money for a car but its not until tues, my job is not being understanding at all, i have been a great employee and i have been there for over a year! i dont know what to do!!!

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ceashell707
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:50 PM

That sucks and I'm sorry.  Unfortunately with the job market as it is, employers feel people are even more disposable then ever.  There are so many people desperate for jobs that they feel like they can always find someone else, probably even cheaper.

Do you have a doctors note?  Make sure you fax that to them.  In some states its illegal for them to discharge you during being covered by a medical excuse.

22me
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Start looking for a new job??

purplgiraffe
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:01 PM

what type of job do you have? i mean where do you work? i guess you didn't have any personal time to use. if it is a retail company or anything like that you are probably sol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)