Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need a recipe

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:53 PM
  • 21 Replies

Hey!  I need a recipe for a healthy version of a homemade pizza.  I am on Xenical and losing weight and i am so craving a dang pizza and i thought that i could do something healthy with it and not greasy.  thanks in advance

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
d_balogh
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:55 PM

I have never had it, but try it on like a tortilla shell.  I've heard that is so much better for you then the crust.  And you can make it at home and control what you put on it

jennyadams01
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:56 PM

i made the dough up already i just need some kind of sauce ideas that is low cal and healthy

myfoursonsks
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:59 PM

I use tomato sauce and a little honey to sweeten it.  I then add some garlic and italian type seasonings.  I like a little bit of a bite to it, so I add red pepper flake to it too.  There would be no fat in this and you could omit the honey if you didn't want the added calories.  Although, as far as sweeteners go, at least it is natural.

Quoting jennyadams01:

i made the dough up already i just need some kind of sauce ideas that is low cal and healthy

kerrin813
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:01 PM

oh i hear ya...lol

well omit the olive oil, cheese and fatty toppings...

maybe an english muffin with sauce and veggies?...or a whole wheat bobili crust with sauce and broccoli?

jennyadams01
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:02 PM

thanks. i might try that tonight.  i am losing weight and i have been craving a bunch of stuff but i want to do it the healthy way.

Quoting myfoursonsks:

I use tomato sauce and a little honey to sweeten it.  I then add some garlic and italian type seasonings.  I like a little bit of a bite to it, so I add red pepper flake to it too.  There would be no fat in this and you could omit the honey if you didn't want the added calories.  Although, as far as sweeteners go, at least it is natural.

Quoting jennyadams01:

jennyadams01
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:04 PM

never thought about broccoli on it.  that sounds good. 

Quoting kerrin813:

oh i hear ya...lol

well omit the olive oil, cheese and fatty toppings...

maybe an english muffin with sauce and veggies?...or a whole wheat bobili crust with sauce and broccoli?

jennyadams01
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:07 PM

any one know of any good white sauce to use on pizza??? that's healthy too????

myfoursonsks
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:09 PM

I know an awesome one, but it wouldn't fit your healthy guidelines.  Pretty much any white sauce pizza recipe is going to contain 3 things...butter, cream, and cheese.

Quoting jennyadams01:

any one know of any good white sauce to use on pizza???

jennyadams01
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:15 PM

can i have it? 

Quoting myfoursonsks:

I know an awesome one, but it wouldn't fit your healthy guidelines.  Pretty much any white sauce pizza recipe is going to contain 3 things...butter, cream, and cheese.

Quoting jennyadams01:

myfoursonsks
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:25 PM

Sure, it is a huge batch though.  You may want to cut it down.  I use it for pasta and pizza.  It is the most yummy stuff ever.  Why do I feel like I am being an enabler right now?...lol.  It is a little time consuming (not too bad), but worth every bit. The good thing is, you have leftover seasoning for another batch.  This is a recipe that my husband got from a chef for a popular chain restaurant he used to work for.  The restaurant no longer makes this sauce though.  It is my fave, so I am glad he got the recipe.

Spicy Cream Sauce

Ingredients

Butter (sweetened, unsalted) 1 Cup
Yellow Onions 3 Cups
Cream Sauce Spice* 10 Tbsp.
All Purpose Flour 3 1/2 Tbsp.
Heavy Whipping Cream 2 Quarts 2 cups
*Cream Sauce Spice
Paprika 1/3 Cup
Onion Powder 1/3 Cup
Garlic Powder 1/3 Cup
Whole Leaf Basil, Dried 1/3 Cup
Whole Thyme, Dried 3 Tbsp.
Whole Oregano, Dried 2 1/2 Tbsp.
Black Pepper, Ground 3 Tbsp.
White Pepper 2 1/2 Tbsp.
Salt 1/3 Cup

Directions

1. Melt butter in large Dutch Oven size sauce pan.
  2. Add diced onions and saute until tender.
  3. Stir in spice mix and flour; cook one minute stirring constantly.
  4. Slowly add the cream; stir to combine
  5. Bring to a full boil; stirring constantly
  6. Boil about 5 minutes while still stirring
  7. Remove from heat
  8. This sauce is not intended to be very thick
  9. *For Cream Sauce Spice:
  10. Mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
  11. The mix makes more than what the Cream Sauce recipe calls for. You can halve the spice recipe or just keep the extra in an air tight container stored at room temperature.

Quoting jennyadams01:

can i have it? 

Quoting myfoursonsks:

Quoting jennyadams01:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)