Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Brother and his Crackhead Ways

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:21 PM
  • 21 Replies

So my brother is 26 and a real crackhead.  He's been taking his truck (aka my fathers Truck) down to bad places to buy crack and he's been "loaning" his truck to druggies for Drugs. He'll let these people take his truck for days why he sleeps in a tent until they bring it back.  Well anyways, this time they didn't bring the truck back to him and told him he wasn't getting it back  (this is his story)......He's living with my parents driving them nuts and basically stealing things in the house to buy crack...My mom needs to kick him to the curb but she won't because its her son....I'm afraid he's going to get our house shot at or something...Ugh, what do you do with drug addict adults who you want OUT of your house but not on the street??      SEems like we've been going through this mess since he was 13 years old.  I think he needs to be locked up but how?

Edit:   I don't live at my parents house , im just really concerned for them because my niece and nephew who are 3&4 live there as well.

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elijiahsmomma
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:23 PM

I think if you are a blood related sibling, you can take out a mental inquest warrant on him and force him into rehab, but I don't know if you have to pay for it or not.  I would try that.

My2J.A.P.s

What do you mean how?  Call the police.  If your mom doesn't want to do it, YOU do it.  Especially if you are living there too and there are children around.  I'm sorry, that's a tough situation, but he needs help and will get it.  In the long run, he will thank you.

TraceNspace

He can only be locked up if you have him baker acted into a psych ward and then you have to prove he's a danger to himself or someone else and even then they aren't going to keep him very long. It's sad. Jail, if he commits a crime. It sounds awful but my brother got off of crack in jail.

click here to follow me to my groups...........

jbirchard
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:25 PM

dealing with drug addicts is hard. she definalely needs to show him some tough love, and quit enableing him. he needs to hit rock bottom before anything gets better.

pam228
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:26 PM

call the cops,or have your dad report his truck stolen. have your parents report their personal items stollen from their home. they need to press charges against him.

LittleBoPeep252
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:27 PM

Called the police last week and they came out and just said how the answer isn't to throw your kid out onto the streets.....!!!   I WAS SO MAD...they don't realize how bad he is..its not like he's a child.

Quoting My2J.A.P.s:

What do you mean how?  Call the police.  If your mom doesn't want to do it, YOU do it.  Especially if you are living there too and there are children around.  I'm sorry, that's a tough situation, but he needs help and will get it.  In the long run, he will thank you.

AshleyandBaby
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:29 PM

Ever watch the show Intervention? do something like that and try and get a real drug counsoler to be thier if possible. I know that might sound stupid but it might work.

kristanBellasMa

You should turn him in. Sorry but it is the only way he will learn that this behavior is not tolerable. Sometimes Jail is the only resort. unless your parents have lots of money to throw away in treatment facilities and even then if he isn't ready to get clean then there money will be wasted. Good luck.

LittleBoPeep252

Just got my dad to report it stolen,  he's stolen so much from my parents in the last few weeks....my moms WEDDING RING!   My dads Gun!  Christmas Presents for the Kids!  I could go on and on....my parents never once called the police to report their shit stolen...they are being really enbaling

Quoting pam228:

call the cops,or have your dad report his truck stolen. have your parents report their personal items stollen from their home. they need to press charges against him.

Cheyennesmommy4
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:31 PM

My husband used to do that with two of our cars, especially when we were in New Orleans. When we were in New Orleans, my ex actually took the car from the dealers and took it back to Michigan without our knowing, my husband was furious.  But he learned his lesson and never did it again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)