Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tubes tied...what was the experience like?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:00 PM
  • 14 Replies

What was the procedure and recovery like if you did it not immediately after labor.  My ds is 3 months old, so I'll have an infant and a toddler at home.  I have lots of people to help, though. 

Any regrets?

Blessings, Courtney

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ganfield_c
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:02 PM

oooh good question i would like to know that too. my hospital doesnt do tubal ligations so i will have to schedule one after the baby is born at a different hospital. so i would like to know what the experience is like also

twin girls  expecting baby

LilyFrogTat
Is there a reason why your Dh won't get snipped? It is a HUGE surgery for a woman and a lot of people i know have had woman issues since having it done.

in love   toddler boy toddler girlcat

* Dh & I *            *DS(3.5)*        * DD(2 on 1/11/09)*      *Lucky*

dtartchick

I had thermal ablasion with a tubal,so there was about 3 days of recovery time at home, over a weekend.  I'm sure a tubal isn't that bad.  Just the surgery will take a couple of days, but it's out-patient, so you will do fine.  I LOVE the thermal ablasion.....it did wonders for me.  I wasn't jazzed about the tubal, I had had a miscarriage about 6 months prior, but I guess two children are enough for me.

TJP_ASP_MOMMY
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:03 PM

My daughter is 5 months old. I did it during my c-section with her. Yes I very much regret it. They were cut and burned, so I highly doubt its reversable. I just hate the finality of it. Plus Im only 24...maybe I will want another...oh well too late now...I made the choice now I must live with it.

I'm A 24 Year Old Obama supporting, Non-smoking, Pro-choice, Circumcising, Formula-Feeding, Vaccine Giving, Disposable Diapering,  Non Co-Sleeping, CIO, Belly Sleeping, Strict Disciplining, Book Reading, Public Schooling, Gun Hating, Playing Outside Daily Rain Or Shine, Former Teen, SAH Mommy Of Two & Damn Proud Of It! myspace.com/mommyoftwo2584

2timemomma
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:03 PM

I was back to work the very next day...a bit sore, but was able to do what I normally do...I picked up my baby cleaned house....it was really not that bad...

No regrets

Savedsol
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:04 PM

Actually, he would rather do it, but just started a new job, so I want him to get lots of time in before he does anything medically (just in case something would go wrong).  Should I just wait for him.  I REALLY don't want to get pregnant and want to stop using condoms. 

We are super cautious and are using 3 methods of birth control: pills, condoms, and I am exclusively breastfeeding.  haha

Quoting LilyFrogTat:

Is there a reason why your Dh won't get snipped? It is a HUGE surgery for a woman and a lot of people i know have had woman issues since having it done.

Blessings, Courtney

possummom
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:05 PM

i did not want to get snipped...but hubby did. i am still trying to convince him to reverse so we can have another child.

godsproperty07
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:07 PM

MINE WAS OKAY.......I HAD MINE THE MORNING AFTER MY SON WAS BORN.  I HAD SOME PAIN BUT NOTHING TOO BAD.  I DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS AND IT'S BEEN A YEAR AND HALF SINCE I HAD IT DONE!!

melissa632
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:07 PM

I actually had mine done when I was in the hospital, a few hours after ds was born. I was absolutely positive I wanted it done. Now, I want a reversal. Not because I want any more children. I'm done with that. But my PMS is now out of control and I'm starting the "change". I am 35 and started my period when I was 9. But when you get the tubal, PMS can become outrageous. It blocks the progesterone that balances out the estrogen and now I have psycotic pms. If your dh getting snipped is an option, I would recommend taking that road. Your relationship with everyone around you will thank you....haha! Good luck with your decision.

PoisonousBlonde
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:09 PM

I had mine cut and tied 2 days after my youngest was born. I had no problems with it.

I do have regrets, I should've waited. I shouldn't have listened to my aunts threats, I regret doing it.

img381/8154/99620876gs2.gifthimage021.jpg jasper witlock hale image by mrscullen1jasoer2.jpg jasper image by NiK_ThE_NuT7255646.jpg Jasper Hale image by mabudachi3OMEYUP.jpg Team Jasper image by sspatlan88

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)