Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I become pregnant w/o spreading herpes

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:10 PM
  • 26 Replies

I just found out the other day that I have herpes. My results haven't came back from the lab yet but the dr is pretty sure that's what it is. He told me to use condoms with my boyfriend from now on until he gets tested. I'm allergic to laytex condoms. I didn't get a chance to tell the dr this because I was in so much shock. I told my boyfriend and he was supportive. He said though now we can't have kids and I can't give you oral anymore. I was upset even more. I have a daughter from a previous relationship and so does he. We don't know if he has herpes yet. Him and I have been together for 1 and 1/2 years.We have had unprotected sex a lot before and this is the first time either of us have had an OB. The dr said it can go unactive for 30 or more yrs. However I am just really scared I don't want to go without oral and I don't want this to prevent us from having a child someday. I know he is the one I want to marry. Mostly I think he was just scared when he said all of those things but I'm scared too. He is soo supportive just yesterday he said baby I don't care if you have herpes I am here to support you and we will take whatever precotions we have to. He doesn't let me beat myself up and I know how bad he wants a son and I want so badly to make one with him someday but I don't want him to have to deal with the pain that goes along with OBs.

All moms are super heros so come check out this group. If you are already a member please take part in the photo contest we are having!!!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/Superheromoms

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ganfield_c
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:12 PM

as long as you take medication, you can still have kids.

twin girls  expecting baby

AquariusGirl

Take your prescription meds and speak with your dr.  Sometimes herpes can go in remission- meaning its not detectable.   After a while, your outbreaks will be few and far between until you may no longer get them.

LilyFrogTat
My friend on base here as herpes so she told her Dh(BF at the time) about ti and he decided to just get it too then so they have had unprotected sex for 5 years now and have two children of their own he has NEVER had a breakout but he does have it.

in love   toddler boy toddler girlcat

* Dh & I *            *DS(3.5)*        * DD(2 on 1/11/09)*      *Lucky*

elijiahsmomma

Maybe you could get invitro fertilization and have a c section?  Idk, I think I would ask a doctor.  As far as oral, he could use a dental block.

JAX_Mami
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:13 PM

kudos to you b/f for being so supportive. as for getting pregnant...I know women can have babies with herpes they just have to have a c=section. wait until your b/f gets tested and talk to the dr about how you would be able to conceive. I know i've seen from the commercials certain medications can lower your outbreaks and control it. good luck mama and hugs

elijiahsmomma
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:14 PM

What kinds of problems does herpes cause?  I admit Im kind of ignorant about this.  But if its just the bumps and it doesn't have any other life threatening problems, I agree with the one that said your bf could just get it, as long as you know that you guys are going to be together forever.

angelgrl5200
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:15 PM

i dont have the answer to your question but have you cheated on him? and if not do you think maybe he cheated on you? or you think you got this like way back and just havent had any symptoms?

Mom to 7!! DS tristan-8 SS joey-8 SS johnny-7 DD nicole-5 DS collin-3 and twin DD hailey and elizabeth-2 1/2 and SO to joe of 5 years

amberstar77
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:16 PM

I would read up on it and see if it would harm the unborn fetus. I am pretty sure it would only be a concern when you were to give birth and they would most likely try c section to prevent the baby from getting it.  The condoms are to prevent your boyfriend from getting it.

possummom
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:17 PM

i had a good friend who had 2 babies and she has herpes. so you can have kids. if you want. sounds like your bf is just freaking out or just looking for an excuse not to have a baby. as long as you are on meds and the doc knows there is no reason you cant have a healthy baby if you wanted.

Krazysexychef
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:18 PM

Either Medication Or Invitro

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)