Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:24 PM
  • 6 Replies

I made a post on here a couple days ago about potty training my DD and only got 5 replies, 3 of which were from myself. Anyway I am staring to potty train her. I was wondering how you pt your little ones. The way were doing it right now is every 30 minutes I tell her its potty time, then we go in the bathroom and while she sitting on the potty we read her, her potty book, sing a song. I think I may shorten it to every 20 mins, cuz i think i'm barely missing the pee-pee.

Anyway how did ya'll potty train your babies? How long did it take to work?

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ajswenson
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:30 PM

I can't offer any advice b/c my son turned 3 almost a month ago and is not potty trained yet.  He is going about once a day now, and sits on it throughout the day....but it's a slow slow go.  Whenever I've tried any of the "fancy" methods" I've gotten out of books and such, he screams and cries.  My ped said 3  is the average age to BEGIN training so I'm trying not to be discouraged.

Also, I joined a potty training group on here for boys. I'm sure there is one for girls too.  Good luck...I hear girls are easier!!!

Jesstickuh
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:35 PM

My aunt ended up getting my son potty trained, I tried everything, treats stickers, the 15-30 minute thing, nothing seemed to work for me to get him PT. So when I went to visit my aunt, he's always been scared of her (well it's really him just not liking people getting on to him cause when I do it doesn't seem to bother him) anyways, he pooped in his underwear and she took him to the bathroom and gave him a small spanking (I know you aren't suppose to punish them when they are learning, but nothing else seemed to work and he knew NOT to use the bathroom in his underwear cause he would hide it, and I am sure people are frowning upon me right now but hey it worked) I wouldn't do it to him if he didn't know or was just learning, after that, he would go to the potty, just that one time of her getting onto him and giving him a small spanking, nothing even bad.. also he got a treat afterwards when he did, yes he did have accidents and got in trouble, but if it was one he couldn't help I didn't get onto him cause he knows now it's a no no. He will be 3 in Feb. But it's just what worked on him when nothing else did, and believe me I tried EVERYTHING for months... other then spanking... But I am not telling you to spank no way, Just saying how He got potty trained. I only spank when needed and that is hardly ever..

If you love being a mom please Join us at---

I love being a mom!

Nihhusa
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:35 PM

Thank you for replying.

Quoting ajswenson:

I can't offer any advice b/c my son turned 3 almost a month ago and is not potty trained yet.  He is going about once a day now, and sits on it throughout the day....but it's a slow slow go.  Whenever I've tried any of the "fancy" methods" I've gotten out of books and such, he screams and cries.  My ped said 3  is the average age to BEGIN training so I'm trying not to be discouraged.

Also, I joined a potty training group on here for boys. I'm sure there is one for girls too.  Good luck...I hear girls are easier!!!

Nihhusa
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:39 PM

she sounds like my mom, i haven't tried that method yet (she's still in her diapers, since we just started). i am trying all the ways my mom did us and cousins and nieces and nephews. even the drizzling cool water down her tummy. Which is funny cuz she gets this look on her face like what you do that for lol

Quoting Jesstickuh:

My aunt ended up getting my son potty trained, I tried everything, treats stickers, the 15-30 minute thing, nothing seemed to work for me to get him PT. So when I went to visit my aunt, he's always been scared of her (well it's really him just not liking people getting on to him cause when I do it doesn't seem to bother him) anyways, he pooped in his underwear and she took him to the bathroom and gave him a small spanking (I know you aren't suppose to punish them when they are learning, but nothing else seemed to work and he knew NOT to use the bathroom in his underwear cause he would hide it, and I am sure people are frowning upon me right now but hey it worked) I wouldn't do it to him if he didn't know or was just learning, after that, he would go to the potty, just that one time of her getting onto him and giving him a small spanking, nothing even bad.. also he got a treat afterwards when he did, yes he did have accidents and got in trouble, but if it was one he couldn't help I didn't get onto him cause he knows now it's a no no. He will be 3 in Feb. But it's just what worked on him when nothing else did, and believe me I tried EVERYTHING for months... other then spanking... But I am not telling you to spank no way, Just saying how He got potty trained. I only spank when needed and that is hardly ever..

Jesstickuh
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:42 PM

I hope you have better luck with the other ways then I did, It's great having them potty trained even if you have to get up every 30 minutes to take them, or when you go out haha, but right now for her it's a learning process and she shouldn't be spanked or disiplined, he was only disiplined because he knew not to do it.. and him hiding it from me is how I knew he knew not to do it lol

Quoting Nihhusa:

she sounds like my mom, i haven't tried that method yet (she's still in her diapers, since we just started). i am trying all the ways my mom did us and cousins and nieces and nephews. even the drizzling cool water down her tummy. Which is funny cuz she gets this look on her face like what you do that for lol

Quoting Jesstickuh:

If you love being a mom please Join us at---

I love being a mom!

Nihhusa
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:51 PM

yea i want to keep her excited to go to the potty

Quoting Jesstickuh:

I hope you have better luck with the other ways then I did, It's great having them potty trained even if you have to get up every 30 minutes to take them, or when you go out haha, but right now for her it's a learning process and she shouldn't be spanked or disiplined, he was only disiplined because he knew not to do it.. and him hiding it from me is how I knew he knew not to do it lol

Quoting Nihhusa:

Quoting Jesstickuh:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)