Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is the best stoller/carseat?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:34 PM
  • 7 Replies

I have used a  Graco in the past just because it's affordable and has a good reputation, but thsi was also almost 5 years ago. However I don't like how bulky the stollers are. I am due at the end of March and I just can't decide what type of stroller/carseat to get. I've read good things about Peg Perego, Combi, Graco and Chicco, so I guess my question is, what do you think is the best and why? Are the more expensive ones really worth it?

baby
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Butterfly07Mama
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:37 PM

For carseats check out Britax I have one and they are just awesome never had a recall or anything like the other carseats. They have all diff, styles\'s to choose from to, they maybe a lil expensive but when it comes to the safety of you children I wouldn't mind paying a lil more.

kirrwood
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:39 PM

Thanks, I've been looking at those too, and wow, so far the cheapest travel system I've found for Britax is $289, but I'm not even sure if I'll get the stoller, I won't really be using it very much. I'm planning on using a sling and then anywhere else I go would be car seat to shopping car probably.

Quoting Butterfly07Mama:

For carseats check out Britax I have one and they are just awesome never had a recall or anything like the other carseats. They have all diff, styles\'s to choose from to, they maybe a lil expensive but when it comes to the safety of you children I wouldn't mind paying a lil more.

baby
kirrwood
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:47 PM

bump, anyone else?

baby
mamad122
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:51 PM

we bought the chicco carseat and stroller set and we love it! it is higher priced but i would say well worth it. the stroller is bulky but it's easy to open and close and it has 2 cup holders, one for the child and one for the parent which is so nice! and it pushes sooo smoothly! even at the zoo it was great. the car seat works really well too.

avegajenkins
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:56 PM

I must be the stroller queen according to my DH because I have only an 18mo, old and i bought him so many strollers (ok 5 to be exact LOL)  I first got the Peg perego Now I will tell you why i didnt like it- its actually such a simple piece that quickly became a problem once my active lil boy started moving around. You know the straps that go over the shoulder? on the peg perego aria that i had the straps didnt come from an inside slot connecting to the back of the stroller its only attached to a lil piece that easily comes off I thought it was unsafe because my DS was active Oh heres a pic because its so hard to explain, I have waaaay to much time on my hands LOL

Peg perego - reason being above the straps

Mc Claren - I liked alot, the one i got is in black and it had no tray I should of gotten the one w. a tray its helpful when they become toddlers. but it doesnt need on the straps are STURDY! They are like a car seat! 

Jeep jogging stroller- I dont really jog thought i would its kind of stiff at times to manuever and its heavy

Jeep umbrella stroller- for quick vacation trips taking the plane was a breeze w. this

Baby Trend - It had a tray guess its good for quick things the wheels arent sooo great, didnt seem as sturdy as i thought it was

Hope this helps. The best advice I can give is stay in the store checking out which one you want for as long as you want when you get rushed you end up buying things you arent happy with because you didnt it, lol

kirrwood
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:01 PM

Thank you, tomorrow my best friend and I are going stoller/carseat shopping with her twins. I guess if it can master those two boys it can do anything. I'm a lot like you, I will return things or buy new versions until I find the perfect one for me (I've been through around 20-30 cell phones in 2 years) It just seems like there are so many different ones out there and I just get wrapped up in all the information and then get overwhelmed. I just want the safest, most convenient and preferably slightly cute set I can find.

Quoting avegajenkins:

I must be the stroller queen according to my DH because I have only an 18mo, old and i bought him so many strollers (ok 5 to be exact LOL)  I first got the Peg perego Now I will tell you why i didnt like it- its actually such a simple piece that quickly became a problem once my active lil boy started moving around. You know the straps that go over the shoulder? on the peg perego aria that i had the straps didnt come from an inside slot connecting to the back of the stroller its only attached to a lil piece that easily comes off I thought it was unsafe because my DS was active Oh heres a pic because its so hard to explain, I have waaaay to much time on my hands LOL

Mc Claren - I liked alot, the one i got is in black and it had no tray I should of gotten the one w. a tray its helpful when they become toddlers. but it doesnt need on the straps are STURDY! They are like a car seat! 

Jeep jogging stroller- I dont really jog thought i would its kind of stiff at times to manuever and its heavy

Jeep umbrella stroller- for quick vacation trips taking the plane was a breeze w. this

Baby Trend - It had a tray guess its good for quick things the wheels arent sooo great, didnt seem as sturdy as i thought it was

Hope this helps. The best advice I can give is stay in the store checking out which one you want for as long as you want when you get rushed you end up buying things you arent happy with because you didnt it, lol

baby
avegajenkins
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:04 PM

Awww, Your welcome and Good luck tomm.

Quoting kirrwood:

Thank you, tomorrow my best friend and I are going stoller/carseat shopping with her twins. I guess if it can master those two boys it can do anything. I'm a lot like you, I will return things or buy new versions until I find the perfect one for me (I've been through around 20-30 cell phones in 2 years) It just seems like there are so many different ones out there and I just get wrapped up in all the information and then get overwhelmed. I just want the safest, most convenient and preferably slightly cute set I can find.

Quoting avegajenkins:

expecting girllistening to tunesbaby boypuppy

Lexi & Q         Jada (11yrs)   Jaylen (1yrs.)    Jazzy (3mos) PUG

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)