Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't believe it!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:52 PM
  • 5 Replies

DF and I set a wedding date Christmas day.  My mom and I went to the fabric store today to look at patterns for her to make my wedding dress.  Didn't see much we liked so we went to the wedding dress store just to look and maybe get some ideas.  Tried on a dress that was marked down from $600 to $75.  We bought it!!!!  I can't believe I have a wedding dress and pretty much nothing else done for my wedding!  I'm so excited I just wanted to share.  And I'm a little shocked.  When I get my camera fixed I'll post pictures!!! 

bride

"The smile of a child is a tattoo: indelible art."

"But kids don't stay where they're supposed to. You turn around and find her not in the bedroom but hiding in a closet; you turn around and see she's not three but thirteen. Parenting is really just a matter of tracking, of hoping your kids do not get so far ahead you can no longer see their next moves."
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
SunnyJoJo
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:55 PM

Congrats!! That's how my friend got her dress to! She wasn't even looking for one but we made her try one on while we were trying on bridesmaid dresses and she loved it, she went to go take it off and the woman who worked there told her they were $50 dresses as is. Well turns out the dress was supposed to have a sash but it looks amazing with out it! Little wedding miracles!

LaNette000
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:57 PM

That is COOL!!! I love shopping like that, my wedding may have cost all of $650.00 total. We bargained and did well! Good Luck on Your Wedding!

macysmama1206
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:01 PM

I'm just amazed!  I guess it was a wedding miracle!  Who can pass up a $75 dress that fits perfectly?!?!

Quoting SunnyJoJo:

Congrats!! That's how my friend got her dress to! She wasn't even looking for one but we made her try one on while we were trying on bridesmaid dresses and she loved it, she went to go take it off and the woman who worked there told her they were $50 dresses as is. Well turns out the dress was supposed to have a sash but it looks amazing with out it! Little wedding miracles!

"But kids don't stay where they're supposed to. You turn around and find her not in the bedroom but hiding in a closet; you turn around and see she's not three but thirteen. Parenting is really just a matter of tracking, of hoping your kids do not get so far ahead you can no longer see their next moves."
macysmama1206
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Thanks!  We are definitely trying to have the most frugal beautiful wedding possible!  I figure the less we spend on it, the more we have for a honeymoon and a down payment on a house!

Quoting LaNette000:

That is COOL!!! I love shopping like that, my wedding may have cost all of $650.00 total. We bargained and did well! Good Luck on Your Wedding!

kristanBellasMa
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Thats a great buy. Congrats on the wedding!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)