Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babyshower

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:20 PM
  • 11 Replies

Poll

Question: 2nd Babyshower

Options:

yes

no

other (explain)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 21

View Results

Ok so how do you ladies feel about people who have a babyshower within a few years of the baby shower they had for their first child? 

I am only like 6 weeks pregnant but everyone is asking if I am going to be having a babyshower? 

I had one for my son who is 2. 

What do you ladies think?  What if the baby is a girl? What if I am having multiples?  Are there any other kinds of parties that a women can have other then a baby shower and still end up getting diapers, clothes, and baby stuff?

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyOnLI
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:22 PM

my DS is 16 1/2 months old and my friends are throwing me a shower whether it be a boy or girl.  DS will only be 23 mnonths old when the new one comes.

Why not...

you celebrated your 1st, why not the second...

baby

pregnancy week by week

Kat770
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:23 PM

If someone else is hosting the baby shower, I think that's fine.  IMO it isn't in good taste to host your own baby shower- whether it's the 1st or 20th.  Besides- there are a lot of things that you might need more of anyway- diapers, of course- and bottles and pacifiers if you'll be using either.  Lots of things get "used up" and don't last like strollers, car seats, high chairs, etc.

jaysonsmommy15
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:23 PM

anyone else?

jaysonsmommy15
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:24 PM

oh no I would never give myself a shower haha. 

Quoting Kat770:

If someone else is hosting the baby shower, I think that's fine.  IMO it isn't in good taste to host your own baby shower- whether it's the 1st or 20th.  Besides- there are a lot of things that you might need more of anyway- diapers, of course- and bottles and pacifiers if you'll be using either.  Lots of things get "used up" and don't last like strollers, car seats, high chairs, etc.

Amberwavessss
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:25 PM

You could have a "meet the baby" party after he/she is born.

crzybtful4_u
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:25 PM

I had my first son when I was 17 and unmarried, but I had a baby shower. I had my 2nd son when I was 20 and we were married and also got a shower for him(not the same father..but thats another issue) I just had my daughter last March and we did not have a shower for her. I think its fine to have a 2nd or 3rd or whatever number shower...having a baby is a special occasion, why not celebrate? Maybe if you're having a girl this time, you could have a "pink" party. That was something we discussed when I was pregnant with my daughter. Due to the circumstances at hand in my family(parents were getting divorced, very bitter aunts and uncles..have to ruin everything) at the time, we opted not to have a shower so we bought everything we needed for our daughter. The possibilities are endless :)

((*Steph--momma to Elijah,Brayden and Hannah

MAyers
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:27 PM

I wish I had a baby shower for my 2nd daughter but there was too much family drama. If you don't want to have a baby shower after the baby is about a month or so you could do like a family meet n greet type thing. That way family can come over when you want them to and they can meet your baby and you could write on the invites a couple different websites where you regeristered at. Good Luck!

Mamaroo
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:27 PM

I had a Shower for my DD when My DS was only 2, I think like PP is you celebrated your 1st why not your second.  But you asked about other parties you could have, you could have a welcome baby party after the new baby is born.   

readingI started my Christian Book Club road trip challenge on 12/29/08 &  I've read books set in the following Blue states:  AL AK AZ AR CA CO CT DE FL GA HI ID IL IN IA KS KY  LA  ME MD MA MI MN MS MO MT NE NV NH NJ NM NY NC ND OH OK OR PA RI SC SD TN TX UT VT VA WA WV WI WY       

Marci81
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:28 PM
Quoting Kat770:

I feel the same way
mommy2harper
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Having a baby shower thrown by someone else for a 2nd or 3rd child is more than okay, I think.  If your friends or family want to do it let them, but I don't think it is polite to throw them for yourself.  That's just me though!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)