Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you smoke? (POLL)

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:29 PM
  • 59 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you smoke?

Options:

Yes..still smoking

No..Never/or did and quit

Planning on Quitting (please answer:what is stopping you?)

other:

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 176

View Results

No bashing at all in this post please. Just wondering really how many people smoke here. I have been a smoker for 18 years and trying desperatly to quit. When I was in my teens, it was considered "cool" thing to do. Here I am all these years later...Huge monkey on my back!
If you were able to quit congratulations! What helped you?

Join us at "I Wear PINK"~~For everyone that is touched by breast cancer-Survivors, Fighters, Supporters, In memory of. Please join us in this fight together!

click here to support free mammograms!

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NINA003
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:30 PM

I have never even treid to smoke. Didnt seem too cool to me.

mommieofone06
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:31 PM

i quit the day i found out i was pregnant..........i took one puff when i was pregnant felt so guilty and never did it again ......have been smoke free 3 years on the 21 of this month i do believe it is

Amberwavessss
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:32 PM

I quit 7 1/2 years ago.  I was living on my own, my unemployment check was running out and I was working as a temp. desperately trying to get a fulltime job and I said to myself "I'm too poor to smoke."  So I set a quit date and ended up quitting a few days early, COLD TURKEY.

doublethejoy616

My dh and I both smoked before we got pregnant.  It was soooo hard to quit!  We did it cold turkey and I'm so glad that we did!

beezmama

Never will. I have been in too many operations removing people's legs and unblocking atreries, due to smoking.

happy new year 2009**Accept each other just as Christ has accepted you so that God will be given glory** Romans 15:7 NLT

*For nothing is impossible with GOD*  Luke 1:37 NLT

SpiritFortress
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:33 PM

I never did smoke. I never wanted to do that to my lungs. It's a good thing too since I've had some lung problems in the last few years. If I had smoked on top of that I might not be alive!

Carolbrady100
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:33 PM

I have the monkey on my back too! Same story as you, but I'm older and have smoked over half my life now. I tried quitting for the first time this summer and did it for two months. Now I'm back at it! Pisses me off that I went back to it. If you find something that works, please share!

beezmama
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:34 PM

PS. Congrats to those who have quit!! And YOU CAN DO IT!! - to those trying!

Awesomemomm
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:35 PM

I smoke and have tried to quit a few times...I just dont think I have the right mind set yet but when Im ready to quit I'll know it. Its coming up soon though because the price of  my cigarettes sky rocketed...

mom rocks Pictures, Images and Photos

Kaliemx3
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Quoting NINA003:

I have never even treid to smoke. Didnt seem too cool to me.

You look alot younger then me..maybe it was from my generation.. Over the past 10 years with the no stank you campaign (thankfully) younger people have no idea what it meant that only the "cool" kids smoked

Join us at "I Wear PINK"~~For everyone that is touched by breast cancer-Survivors, Fighters, Supporters, In memory of. Please join us in this fight together!

click here to support free mammograms!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)