Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1st Birthday Party.....any ideas?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:09 PM
  • 8 Replies
Can any of you share with me about what you did for your babies first birthday? Games you played, what you served to eat, goodie bags and any other ideas you may have. I am trying to come up with ideas and need help.
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
franklynnsmom
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:12 PM

just remember to keep it small and not over whelm your baby on his or her special day!!

Just imeditate family and a few friends, too many people can cause baby to get fussy!

for our nephews 1st bday we put him in a small pool empty of course and let him eat his cake in there its a good thing we did cause he got it everywhere!!

Butterfly07Mama
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:15 PM

I made  these like placemats with poems in the middle for 1 yr birthdays and took pictures from the first yr and placed them around the outside of the poem(I lamited them to so they wouldnt get ruined) for eveyone. I had a different poem and different pictures for each one so not one was the same and eveyone got to see how much he had grown up in that yr. Everyone loved them and they were really special cause i made them for everyone.  Food wise we did veggies and just little snacks that everyone liked and my son could eat to.  i will find some pics. of them so you have an idea what they look like.

aaralynsmom973
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:15 PM

We didn't do anything overly extravagant.  We didn't have any games or anything but we also don't know that many kids to do that kind of stuff.  We had goody bags for the older ones with toys and candy in it.  We made hot beef/pork sandwiches, had chips, veggies, and stuff like that.  For her 2nd birthday we had a cook out in a park. 

stefanija
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:16 PM

Thats the biggest piece of advice.. keep it small.. for my babys first party.. i did a big one.. invited tons of people.. and my little one was sooo  scared..  he was the only one that did NOT.. have fun.. did not eat cake, ice cream or anything becuse he was soooooooo scared.... at all the people.. it was tooo overwhelming..... !!

so keep it simple.. family, friends.. a few little ones the babys age...

it will be much better..

Do you like to send and recieve gifts in the mail for no reason? All year round? Do you like to get cards in the mail? Make friends and chat, have fun and more? then join

Gifts in the mailbox

http://www.cafemom.com/group/96132

KittyD
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:16 PM

Its cheaper for me to go trhow it somewhere else like Chuck E. Cheese or something. That way you wont have to worry about decorations, goodie bags and making a mess etc (just about cake and ice cream and how many people you want to invite etc)

KittyD ~ Stop By My Page & Sign my Guest Book!

Butterfly07Mama
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:30 PM

Here are some pics of the placemats i made. I also did this with hand and foot prints and had every sign it and its going in his scrapbook. Hope this ideas help

GoVolmama
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:32 PM

You should try the group planning your kid's birthday party, you could also go to betty crocker online and it gives great ideas and themes and everything you need to go with it.

lilybug524
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:47 PM

we had a luau with family. we all dressed in luau type clothes played luau games. i still have their dresses from that party. so cute ;). don't forget the personal cake for the little one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)