Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

having a hard time pooping?.....need help on what i can to help him.....

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:35 PM
  • 7 Replies

18 months .......................need help .....can i give him more jucie to drink?

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LaNette000
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:36 PM

Use accupressure. rub your elbows while sitting on the toilet! Relax!

snoopy21276
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:36 PM

i have seen a few posts like this the last few days.. do a search to the left. where it says search posts for won't poop.. you should find info that way!

thekadysjr
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:37 PM

give him apple prune baby juice. My doctor also recomended sugar water. I tbsp sugar for 9oz of water.

stefanija
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:38 PM

This may sound grosss. but it works.. my son is 16 months.. and i had to do this for him last week..

I learned about this years ago..

take a sliver of soap.. maybe the size of your thumb nail.. a little bigger.. and slide it inside his butt..

I then put my son in the tub with warm water.. to play, and it helps relax his muscles..

'about 5 minutes or so later.. he was going.. and all better..

NO MORE PAIN OR CONSTIPATION...

it works like a laxative.. but is safe..

Do you like to send and recieve gifts in the mail for no reason? All year round? Do you like to get cards in the mail? Make friends and chat, have fun and more? then join

Gifts in the mailbox

http://www.cafemom.com/group/96132

peachay05
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:38 PM

my 18 month old has this same problem. Everyday get them on a schedule to eat. Inclue apple juice, raisins, prunes. stay away from bananas and apples. Oatmeal is great to, any whole wheat or fiber is very good for the bowels.

krazeerosie
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:39 PM

I suggest doing it naturally by adding fiber and liquids. Don't give them too much of a good thing or you will be writing about another issue.

I did find this for you:

The best treatment for painful bowel movements is more of what you have been doing. Adding fiber and fluids to her diet regularly (not just when she is constipated) may help. Fiber can be found in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, like whole wheat, bran, and oatmeal. Children should drink at least four to six glasses of liquids a day, and even more when the weather is warm. A stool softener (like mineral oil taken by mouth) coats the stool, making it easier for BMs to pass. Any little crack (scratch) in the skin where the stool comes out may also be contributing to painful BMs, so you might want to put a little Vaseline on the outside of the rectum. Her sore rash needs to heal some as well. Kids will then tend to experience less pain, so they are less fearful of having a BM. Suppositories usually are not needed regularly. Laxatives and enemas should be used only when recommended by her doctor.

These simple measures work for many children, but it does take time, so try to be patient. If this pattern continues, or you are feeling frustrated, review your daughter's progress with her pediatrician, who may have other suggestions.

Hank Bernstein
Children's Hospital

Lilypie 5th Birthday TickerLilypie 2nd Birthday TickerLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

mstnbecki
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:42 PM

If its something that accourse often you can give him marilax everyday you can give more or less till you find the right dose.my son and I know ALOT of other children who take it on a daily basis for constapation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)