Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Glucose numbers?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:36 PM
  • 6 Replies

Ok I had to have a 3 hour glucose test done and I have no idea what the numbers really mean.  The nurse read me some numbers and then said she would call back at the end of the day.  They did not call me back.  I think I probably failed it because of how the nurse sounded after she read my numbers.  She said that some were high.  So I don't know what to do.  I want to know what I have to do if I have it.

My numbers were 85 to start

1 hour 177
2 hour 169
3 hour 136

Please bump if you don't know thanks!

boy n girlCohen April 2006 and Makayla July 2003

expecting boy Brandon due April of 09!

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ldsdragonmom
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:43 PM

bump

ldsdragonmom
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:47 PM

anyone?

MOMMYTO5CUTIES
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:50 PM

I think anything over 125 is considered too high ,my father was a diabetic and anything over 125 they had him take insulin .

tfmmpmmdmmom
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:52 PM

The numbers are not good. It looks like you have GD. They are not extremely high however, they may just put you on a strict diet.

jothra
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:58 PM

You have to know the ranges to know what is within normal and what is out of range. Two or more abnormal readings and you are GD. I'm going to take a leap and say at least 2 if not 3 are abnormal. Your fasting is fine. But wait for the call back from the doc. All the labs are different and have different ranges.

Your doc still might call you, they may have gotten called for a delivery or something. If you don't hear anything, call first thing Monday morning and tell them you need the doc to call you back about your results.

I'm glad they called you at least. I had one pt that was full term and our docs operate with "If you don't hear anything, you are fine." Well, she was clearly GD and wasn't told.

ldsdragonmom
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:38 PM

Thanks for the info.  I had to actually call them today to begin with.  I almost always get a call back but I didn't today.

Quoting jothra:

You have to know the ranges to know what is within normal and what is out of range. Two or more abnormal readings and you are GD. I'm going to take a leap and say at least 2 if not 3 are abnormal. Your fasting is fine. But wait for the call back from the doc. All the labs are different and have different ranges.

Your doc still might call you, they may have gotten called for a delivery or something. If you don't hear anything, call first thing Monday morning and tell them you need the doc to call you back about your results.

I'm glad they called you at least. I had one pt that was full term and our docs operate with "If you don't hear anything, you are fine." Well, she was clearly GD and wasn't told.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)