Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you buy your child...

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:37 PM
  • 58 Replies

a different race color dolly for your baby?? I was in the dollar store with my 18 month old and my friend was with me, my daughter was really good that day so I thought I'd get her a new dolly. She pointed to a black baby doll and she loved it so i picked it up without thinking there was anything wrong with it. My friend said she would NEVER do that because it would confuse her child?! what is yalls opinion?
NO BASHING.

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aapye
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:38 PM

I don't understand how that would confuse your child and I would have no problem with it.   I don't see it any different than buying your blond child a brunette doll.

themacs4
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:39 PM

Why would it confuse her?  She doesn't get confused when she's different races out in public.  I think it is fine!

jillbailey26

If my daughter wanted it and asked for it I would definitely get it for her.

~Jill~

pearee

Omg.. they'll be confused and want to color their hair! Whats wrong with you?

Quoting aapye:

I don't understand how that would confuse your child and I would have no problem with it.   I don't see it any different than buying your blond child a brunette doll.

mstnbecki
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:40 PM

yes I would and yes I have,I bought my niece a diff race doll and she played with it.

renee3218

Thats dumb!! how the hell would that "confuse" your child?? If anything it would confuse them to only let them have white baby dolls, or only black....

thedivinemizm

I think that when they are young they dont understand and if you make seem like a bad thing then they would be confused.

Mellhanks
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:41 PM

I don't see a problem with it.lol MyDD has 8 dollys already but if she wanted another one she could pick which she liked.lol

Jesstickuh

Yes I would, I don't see anything wrong with having a different race doll then what my race is. It's just a toy and whats the big deal on the colour, you don't want to teach your kid racist habbits.

If you love being a mom please Join us at---

I love being a mom!

TraceNspace

Confuse her how? Sometimes I'm shocked it's the year 2009 and not the year 1909.

click here to follow me to my groups...........

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)