Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NO MORE CHILD TAX CREDIT!

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:52 PM
  • 73 Replies

I read on a website that they might do away with it in a couple of years. I think the economy would definately go to smithereens if they did away with it.

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JAX_Mami
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:53 PM

that would suck. hopefully its just a rumor and not actually a fact....because yeah we'd really be going to hell in a handbasket LOL

pearl19
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:53 PM

jaw drop

momof3111418
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:54 PM

definitely.  I depend on that every year!!

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker
sooga_booga
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:57 PM

Why would this make the economy go to smithereens?

Just curious.. I do not qualify for this credit, never really have..  That's why I'm asking.....  Does a large part of the populous count on this credit? I'm a corporate accountant, but for the life of me, other than my personal income taxes I don't really watch what other people get.. lol Silly I know....

Justsandra
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:57 PM

i hope not i would really die of poverty

marie85
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:01 PM

crying I OMGoodness i neeed a job Im sah now and if things keep going this way we will be dumpster diving for a meal! How could they?!?!?! Take something we(in my case hubby) earn as workers. i hope its a rumor.

AquariusGirl
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:02 PM

Thats what I was thinking.  Maybe some of the moms are thinking of the earned income credit, which is totally different.

Quoting sooga_booga:

Just curious.. I do not qualify for this credit, never really have..  That's why I'm asking.....  Does a large part of the populous count on this credit? I'm a corporate accountant, but for the life of me, other than my personal income taxes I don't really watch what other people get.. lol Silly I know....

Mellhanks
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:03 PM

Because for much of the lower and middle class like ME we depend on our taxes every year to pay off credit cards and back bills.

Quoting sooga_booga:

marie85

hmm you dont get a tax credit? Its not Earned income credit thats lower income but i thought anyone with a child got a reg tax exemption.

Quoting sooga_booga:

HimandI2007

Alot of us just look forward to spending that money. That same money is what gives the economy a boost which is even needed greatly this year. This same money will go towards bills. For some people, it means a shiopping spree. For others, trips. For alot survival. I know alot of families out their just cant wait till get that moeny to just asure they wont be going into foreclosure.

Quoting sooga_booga:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)