Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feels like my butt is broken : ) seriously--any advice? PIOG

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:24 PM
  • 11 Replies

Ok so 10 days ago I slipped on the ice and fell----fell so fast I did not know why I was on the ground for a few seconds--but that was soon forgotten when the pain so great started!!!!!

When I fell I did not fall straight down in a sitting position more at an angle--thank goodness----all I hurt was my butt and my elbow---my friend that was behind me said that she blinked and I was on the ground that is how fast it happened---neither one of us saw the ice patch.

So it is not my tailbone--it is like the very last big bone before the tailbone starts--I think it is bruised----what can I do?  I am taking Ibuprophin and trying not to do too much---can I speed this up any--or do I need to suck it up and deal with it?

I am earning from home and can help you do the same!!  Mom to Taylor and Alaina and married to my best friend!!!!

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KellyChristal
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:29 PM

I have a disease called AS that causes immense pain in the SI joints and this is where you are describing to have your pain...you might want to look up SI joints....ice, heat, anti inflammatories....good luck

I am a motherless mother, who has a 3 year old princess and a two year old devil, who has been touched by suicide and breast cancer, who got married at 19 and is still married to the same man 11 years later, who is a Certified Texas Teacher but stays at home now, who has Anklosing Spondylitis which is an autoimmune disease, who is a non-church going Christian, that knows it is important to live in the now, because tomorrow is not guaranteed. Oh, and for some reason I collect giraffes!

EclecticBroad
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:29 PM

Try a heating pad, or maybe even alternate ice and heat.  Take warm soaks in the tub.  I fell badly once too, and bruised the entire area of my tailbone.  Sitting was hideous.  It felt like forever to heal too.  Just be patient and take it easy.  I will say if the pain is horrid, you can go to the doctor, they can xray to confirm if it's just bruised or fractured.  What I'm getting at, is they can give you stronger pain relief.  Otherwise, do stay on the Ibuprofen

I hope you get to feeling better.  Broken butts are murder lol.  (((HUGS)))

momintraining02
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:30 PM

Thanks so much!!!!

Quoting KellyChristal:

I have a disease called AS that causes immense pain in the SI joints and this is where you are describing to have your pain...you might want to look up SI joints....ice, heat, anti inflammatories....good luck

I am earning from home and can help you do the same!!  Mom to Taylor and Alaina and married to my best friend!!!!

BBowMommy

If the pain keeps on and the med doesn't help it then I would go see the doc. Just in case you might have done something more serious. If nothing else he might could give you some stronger meds.

luv_my_xiya

is it swollen??

momintraining02
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:31 PM

I am pretty sure it is not broke or fractured--had I landed straight up and down I think it would be worse----and you are right broken butts are the worst!!!! LOL

Quoting EclecticBroad:

Try a heating pad, or maybe even alternate ice and heat.  Take warm soaks in the tub.  I fell badly once too, and bruised the entire area of my tailbone.  Sitting was hideous.  It felt like forever to heal too.  Just be patient and take it easy.  I will say if the pain is horrid, you can go to the doctor, they can xray to confirm if it's just bruised or fractured.  What I'm getting at, is they can give you stronger pain relief.  Otherwise, do stay on the Ibuprofen

I hope you get to feeling better.  Broken butts are murder lol.  (((HUGS)))

momintraining02
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:33 PM

No the funny thing is there was never a bruise on my skin--I made my hubby look LOL---I told him it felt like it shoule be black and blue---but nothing-----I think I just bruised the bone reall y good------however if my butt was swollen I would take it LOL----I am underweight and have lost my booty LOL

Quoting luv_my_xiya:

is it swollen??

EclecticBroad
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:37 PM

LMAO!!!  Yep!  I made my hubby look too...I was expecting him to gasp and tell me how horrid it was...not even a bruise!

Quoting momintraining02:

No the funny thing is there was never a bruise on my skin--I made my hubby look LOL---I told him it felt like it shoule be black and blue---but nothing-----I think I just bruised the bone reall y good------however if my butt was swollen I would take it LOL----I am underweight and have lost my booty LOL

Quoting luv_my_xiya:

is it swollen??

luv_my_xiya
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:39 PM

oh ok lol...i was just asking because i had a pair of jeans that kept rubbing against that part of my back and i ended up getting a pilonidal cyst....that thing hurt like crazy. i had to have surgery to remove it

Quoting momintraining02:

Quoting luv_my_xiya:

is it swollen??

momintraining02
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:39 PM

I know I told him to give me a mirror--I thought he was trying to be nice LOL-----the funny thing is when I fell I had on a huge leather coat and a sweatshirt--I fell on my butt and elbow----cut my elbow up but no hole or anythingin the coat----I must be magic.

Quoting EclecticBroad:

LMAO!!!  Yep!  I made my hubby look too...I was expecting him to gasp and tell me how horrid it was...not even a bruise!

Quoting momintraining02:

Quoting luv_my_xiya:

is it swollen??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)