Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My whole life has changed in an instant!

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:30 PM
  • 20 Replies

AHH! I WANT TO SCREAM! I am so annoyed at my husband and my BIL!!! okay, so the both of them have this REALLY bad habit of sqeezing blackheads out of their face in the bathroom mirror. My BIL doesnt live here but he will go into my bathroom and do this for a good ten minutes each time he comes over. He gets so close to the mirror that his knuckles touch it, so does my DH. I like my mirror to be clean, spotless. They happen to leave their finger prints right in the view of my face. So I am cleaning the mirror almost everyday. I have let it go before to see if the DH would take care of it himself and it got to the point where my mirror was a blur.  I say somehting over and over about it, when they are in there doing there thing. I have basically become a nagger about the mirror. So I decided F it!! I will write a note and leave it on the mirror for them..They came home from what they were doing today and my DH said I was disrespectful to put the note there..it said"  DO NOT TOUCH my mirror unless you are going to make it SPOTLESS right after you are finished! I am tired of this shti on my mirror"    We got into a huge argument about it infront of his bro.and in the middle of us arguing his brother is like " OH kala look!! There is a finger print on the mirror!!" so I look over and he is toching it like a little boy! with the itty bitty tip of his finger.(DISRESPECTFUL!) his brother is DUMB! I am not being mean but the guy is 27, doesnt have a job is dating a 19 year old and lives at hiome with his parents.oh and blows the ONLY mony he gets on weed!! this is my BIL not my husband!!!......He cant listen to anything I say.  like yesterday for example. He comes over with a soda from In and out (fast food drink cup, like mcdonalds) I tell him right away to put it on the kitchen counter or in the winow ceil, so that my 13 month old wont get it. He says okay I will...Well he never did once, and my son is sneeky. But my BIL doesnt pay attention so my ds just keeps walking up and grabbing the soda and drinking it. Then my DH and BIL would yell at him to not touch it..I would say "it is natural for him to want to drink it, he doesnt know any better. Dont yell at him for your mistake" well it happened at least 15 times!! I am not kidding(the sugar high is still in effect!) so I finally grabbed that soda cup and threw it in the sink! well I flipped out yelling at them saying " IF you dont want him getting it then dont F-ing leave it there!!" and whatever else I may have said.. 

Now to my DH. We dont get much time together since he is the one who works. 8-5 monday through friday. he is a mechanic and MADE good money.. Yup MADE. the company waited until 5 pm on the 31st!! to lay him off.   Their reson. "this isnt easy to do but, we just simply cant afford to keep you".  OMG! IT happened to us! we fell into that bracket of people who got layed off! Thank god we payed our rent today. We dont have anything to worry about until feburary first. besides food, gas and diapers! So I had to go into the social services office today and apply for food stamps. You know what though, I dont care. We are doing the best that we can. We have never needed help yet and if it weren't for his company almost filing for bankruptsy, we wouldn't be in this hole! His boss wrote him a really good recomendation letter. I am just hoping that he can find a job here..soon! he walked through the door on the 31st and said " I fing got layed off!" and he walked strait to the computer to apply for unemployment. We have no Idea if we will even get it. Everything was closed on the first so mh Dh has been out all day looking for a job. To our luck every car place "has and over abundance of staff" or "we aren't taking applications!"  I really hope that we can stay here on the central coast and not have to move somewere bigger.. YIKES! but we will do what we have got to do. even if it mean working at BK....yes burger king. It is a job..It will buy food and diapers and clother for my son. It will pay the rent or some of it.Too bad I let my nursing licence expire! I am an idiot! to the fullest, but I really didnt mean to do that. I got so caught up in having a baby and stuff I kinda put the forms to the side and lost them..Then I didnt realize until I started to look for a job. The licence number on the card is expired:( I could cry. There are no bridge classes or anythin gin the state of california. I am not sure If I can just re-take the state boards, obviously with a pretty penny. That is somehting I need to find out!  I am staying positive! I really want to be with my Dh right now! but he is job hunting and the baby is napping so I am mingling with you guys:)

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
my4kids274
by Drill Sergeant Mommy on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:35 PM

Just wanted to wish you luck!  hugs

CharityS
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:36 PM

The good thing is your husband is a mechanic. He can get a job before the end of the week next week. He can get side jobs and make some extra cash. My hubby is a mechanic and I think that is a blessing sometimes. I know that things seem really bad right now. Mechanics are very necessary right now because of the ecomony. People are keeping their cars. If his shop couldn't afford to keep him believe me someone will take their loss and make it thier gain. Don't worry your husband will take care of you.

happy new year 2009Charity

3lilqts
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:38 PM

(((HUGS))  I'm sorry hun!  But it sounds like you guys know whats going on and how to get by.  I know that doesn't really help right now. I'll put you in my prayers!

zillionaire
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:39 PM

I know it's nutty, but have you all considered relocating?  We live in the south, and my SO has garages competing over him.  My SIL lives in Savannah GA, and while my brother was visiting her, he was in her driveway changing her brakes and had no less than 3 different people driving by stop to ask him if he wanted to come and work for them.  My SO keeps saying that we are in luck, because with what he does, he'll always be in demand.

Good luck to you!

I was laughing reading your post, because my brother is on his way here to visit, and I was thinking about all the annoying things he does when he visits.  The worst is that he works my crossword puzzles in the bathroom.  I went in a minute ago and made sure that all my half-done puzzles were hidden. 

mommysunshine33
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:40 PM

Praying for you

virgosuperstar
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:44 PM

awww...all i can say is HUGS to you and i wish you all the best and everything should and will work out for you all! hugs

daralynn
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:47 PM

How much are homes there?? what are the schools like?? the weather?? My dh is a mechanic and we have been looking to poss. relocate.

Quoting zillionaire:

I know it's nutty, but have you all considered relocating?  We live in the south, and my SO has garages competing over him.  My SIL lives in Savannah GA, and while my brother was visiting her, he was in her driveway changing her brakes and had no less than 3 different people driving by stop to ask him if he wanted to come and work for them.  My SO keeps saying that we are in luck, because with what he does, he'll always be in demand.

Good luck to you!

I was laughing reading your post, because my brother is on his way here to visit, and I was thinking about all the annoying things he does when he visits.  The worst is that he works my crossword puzzles in the bathroom.  I went in a minute ago and made sure that all my half-done puzzles were hidden. 

Tia_B
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:51 PM

LOL this made me laugh because we live in Savannah and my husband is a mechanic.... well actually at this time he does custom paint and body work, but anyway, yes there are a lot of jobs for mechanics here.

Quoting zillionaire:

Good luck to you!

God Bless You!

I am not skilled to understand
What God has willed, what God has planned

I only know at His right hand

Stands one who is my Savior

I take Him at His word and deed

Christ died to save me; this I read

And in my heart I find a need

Of Him to be my savior

-Aaron Shust "My Savior, my God"

zillionaire
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:57 PM

I couldn't tell you much about Savannah, but where we live outside Chapel Hill, NC, homes go for around $120k- $160k (and up, of course.)  You don't find much under $100k, though.  We have 6 months of summer, 3 months of spring, 2 months of fall, and 1 month of winter.  The schools are awesome.  The culture here is fantastic.  It's got a great small town feel, but we have all the conveniences of urban living.  I love every inch of it.

The cost of living in Chapel Hill is pretty high, but if you live outside the city everything becomes very reasonable.  And Chapel Hill is a bubble... it really hasn't been affected too much by the economy.

Amberwavessss
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:01 PM

Good luck!  I think some employers will help pay for your recertification/licensing. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)