Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My kids are Sooooo not liking me right now....

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:06 PM
  • 7 Replies

I have an 8 yr old and a 4 yr old---and they are the messiest kids I have ever seen--always making messes and not wanting to pick them up -----

So today I decided that  they get to clean the house--just to show them how much I pick up after everyone......

At first it was fun for them--but now that I am on them about stuff all over the place they are pointing fingers and placing blame--I told them I don't care who got it out---you guys get stuff out all the time and I have to pick it up------

So yeah they are not enjoying this anymore--all I have done today is laundry and dishwasher and scrub toilets---they are doing the rest........I just hope that they figure out how to clean up after themselves from now on LOL

I am earning from home and can help you do the same!!  Mom to Taylor and Alaina and married to my best friend!!!!

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
momcat437
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:14 PM

Great idea!  You think you can get my kids to do that?  : )

billssweety
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:15 PM

We have a rule at our house that if anything gets left out it gets bagged or boxed up and put out in the garage, they get it back when they start picking up....we even do this with the teenagers and their rooms, you don't pick it up we box it all up and you don't get it bak until you show you can keep your room clean....and they only get it back 1 box or bag at a time....that pretty much solved our problem!!!

momintraining02
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:15 PM

I like the idea LOL----tell your kids you are on strike LOL

Quoting momcat437:

Great idea!  You think you can get my kids to do that?  : )

I am earning from home and can help you do the same!!  Mom to Taylor and Alaina and married to my best friend!!!!

Becky.Mom.of.2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:15 PM

Go mama!

momintraining02
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:16 PM

Yup tried that --my kids just find somehting else to play with and forget about the stuff I took away---

Quoting billssweety:

We have a rule at our house that if anything gets left out it gets bagged or boxed up and put out in the garage, they get it back when they start picking up....we even do this with the teenagers and their rooms, you don't pick it up we box it all up and you don't get it bak until you show you can keep your room clean....and they only get it back 1 box or bag at a time....that pretty much solved our problem!!!

blondenoah
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:16 PM

that's to funny but oddly as it sounds since my son was 2 hes been cleaning up after himself he hates things out of order as do i. and i make him help me daily so maybe your kids will learn to appreciate you more because they see you do it all.

Kelly77968
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:19 PM

Way to go mama! I make mine clean all the time i refuse to live in a mess! They put it down they pick it up if they don't and i have to its mine !  I have only enforce this rule once they knew i wasn't playing and started picking up after themselves!LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)