Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you go with a sahm

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:40 PM
  • 17 Replies

If you were looking for daycare and found an ad in the newspaper for a sahm that was looking to watch a couple of kids would you go for that....I am going to put an ad in the newspaper so maybe I could watch a couple kids. I am already home all day with my kids. I don't think that 2 more would change that much. I would be cheaper that a daycare and I could watch them when they were sick as long as my kids had it to.... But If I was looking for daycare I don't know if I would use a stay at home mom. I am picky about who gets to watch my kids as it is.... What do you think??

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kays_Mama06
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:42 PM

Depends on your credentials. Just because someone is a SAHM doesn't necessarily mean that watching kids is for them.

mybaby825
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:42 PM

I guess it would depend on how many kids she had of her own and how many she was going to be watching

Jules297
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:45 PM

Nope. I wouldn't. Sorry, but it seems most of the places I've seen in the news around her that watch kids are people running them out of their homes. Unless I knew you and everyone else you'd be watching wouldn't happen. But then again, probably still wouldn't since we have our son in a private school program.

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:45 PM

I would go w/ a sahm before a daycare.  People can always get a background check on the sahm, too.  I was watched by a sahm when I was little and it was an ok experience.

lisa9094
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:46 PM

I always had a SAHM watch my boys. I feel its more personal and it was cheaper for me. I had two different ones and they both were perfect. Good Luck

bulfrg_317aaj
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:46 PM

Well I have 6 kids all together but the 2 of them are at school all day and 2 go to preschool half a day. I also use to work at a daycare center. I am staying home now because there is no way we can do daycare for the four yonger ones. I have also thought about doing daycare from my home but I would only be able to have 3 kids.

Mochaqua
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:47 PM

If you think you can handle it, I say go for it!

momcat437
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:47 PM

Only if I knew her really well---the one time I had someone watch my son (years ago), she took care of her own son (who was about the same age, about two) and totally ignored mine!  My dh and I came to pick him up one afternoon--a really cold, windy day--and she was just getting back from the park--her son was dressed really warmly and my son was in shorts and a T-shirt!!  I wanted to smack her, but my dh fired her instead!

CarterMommy
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:48 PM

well i am a sahm and i put up an add for like a last minute type deal (if you didn't normall take them to daycare or something) but never got takers

i know i have a friend with 3 kids and she has nanny-ed... so it just depends i guess

Loving My Life As A Mommy and Wife
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
meganjjones
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:49 PM

We started with a center.  My baby cried whenever I dropped him off, he couldn't crawl to me fast enough when I picked him up, and he was sick every couple of days while there.  We've since switched to a SAHM who runs a daycare out of her home.  He only cries for a minute when I leave, doesn't always care when I come to pick him up and he's only been sick once in the 3 months he's been there. And that was when he was home with me for a week.  So yes, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)