Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

idk what else to do...

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:44 PM
  • 2 Replies

ok, im writing an essay and im stuck. its for a chance to win a ticket to the inaugural ball on the 20th, and its 2 days before my birthday, and i voted for the guy, and i really really really want to go, its a once in a lifetime thing, and it would mean a TON to me. heres what i have so far

Dear sir or madam,

Growing up I encountered many challenges and feelings of hopelessness.  One of the first times in my life that I experienced a feeling of empowerment was when I voted for the first time at 18 years of age for President Elect Barack Obama.  The definition of change, for me, in the past was generally the result of a negative event.  Some of which were homelessness, poverty, and a feeling helplessness.  With this inauguration I see “change” meaning something completely different for me.  This change means I can have a chance at stability and roots, something I never had until fairly recently.  This is a change that has long been needed, and has been a long time coming.

the question is: What does this inauguration mean to you?  im stuck, and i dont know where else to go with it. its taken me 2 days to get this far, and i had help with it...

please help!!!!

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Lvlyshawn
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:50 PM

I would include how you feel about the changes Obama has promised to make like is healt care reform polices or where he stands on the conflicts America is having with other countries. Obama is more than just the first African American elected he is an intellegent, thoughtful, and hope for the people.  

mommytobe2290
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:15 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)